Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the Role:
This role will provide cargo operational functions including interaction with GHA for both import and export cargo and secure proper operational support to enable station to meet the cargo target. You will need to identify needs and improve cargo service and operational performance for station.
- Liaising with local Ground Handling Agents and with Head Office Cargo departments to ensure/enhance a high quality service provided by QR both import and export.
- Support Import customers for clearance of their cargo, liaise with customs authorities to facilitate smooth and timely import clearance, liaise with HQ DOH and/or origin stations for necessary support.
- Flight planning with maximum utilization of the flight capacity, control and operation export & import. Maintain a close coordination between QR Space Control by ensuring their shipments are transferred, delivered on time, correct priority given to shipments and for maximum utilization of space on aircraft.
- Coordination with Cargo Claims Supervisor at Head Office, handling discrepancies at stations and in all administrative issues related to stations.
- Strict control and administration of ULD stock and cargo stationary in coordination with the GHA
- To disseminate all cargo related information for updating customers regarding customs, governmental and health authorities' rules and to HO to comply with regulations and to avoid penalties, destruction, etc.
- Ensure that notifications are sent officially on cargo arrival information, to Freight forwarders/agents to ensure the cargo does not stay under airlines custody for long period, avoid damages and for space availability at the warehouse.
- Weekly, monthly or whenever deemed necessary services reports including preparation system accounting updates on every flight departure.
- Minimally a high school graduate
- Preferred certificate in computer applications
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in the airline/airfreight industry
Job specific skills:
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- TATA/TACT Regulations
- Reasonably fluent in English
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)