Function Background/ Context:
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
Citigroup’s Model Risk Governance organization is responsible for the management of model risk across the firm. The Model Risk Management framework provides an independent set of controls over the key risks that are associated with the use of models for the purposes of Citi's key businesses, including the Institutional Clients Group and the Global Consumer businesses. This control framework includes various aspects of model risk management such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use.
The Global Model Risk IA team has a mandate to provide a comprehensive program of audit coverage for the firm's model risk management framework and related controls across all lines of business. As a member of this team, the individual will help to design and implement the model risk audit methodology. The individual will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a risk based IA plan that is executed in accordance with the department's policies and procedures. To successfully deliver this plan, the candidate will need to partner with the department’s business, product and technology audit teams as well as their respective business leaders.
• As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing
Qualifications and Competencies:
• PhD, MSc or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant quantitative science. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Intermediate level experience in the development of pricing models and/or regulatory capital models (i.e. Market Risk, CCR), stress testing and loss forecasting models for trading products.
• Intermediate level expertise in technology application control disciplines and a good business understanding of Model Risk Management concepts, such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use, especially those associated with the use of models for valuation, risk management, decision support and other purposes across all businesses.
• Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverable according to strict timetables.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.