Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
Citigroup’s Model Risk Governance organization is responsible for the management of model risk across the firm. The Model Risk Management framework provides an independent set of controls over the key risks that are associated with the use of models for the purposes of Citi's key businesses, including the Institutional Clients Group and the Global Consumer businesses. This control framework includes various aspects of model risk management such as model development, governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use.
The Global Model Risk IA team has a mandate to provide a comprehensive program of audit coverage for the firm's model risk management framework and related controls across all lines of business. As a member of this team, the individual will help to design and implement the model risk audit methodology. The individual will also be responsible for the development and delivery of a risk based IA plan that is executed in accordance with the department's policies and procedures. To successfully deliver this plan, the candidate will need to partner with the department’s business, product, data and technology audit teams as well as their respective business leaders.
• Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in risk field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
• Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Consumer or Institutional Clients businesses, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
• Conducts Business Monitoring, prepares and reviews Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
• MSc or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or other relevant quantitative science. A PhD is a plus.
• Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Related quantitative certifications (FRM, PRMIA CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines and a solid understanding of Model Risk Management concepts, such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use, especially those associated with the use of models for valuation, risk management, loss forecasting and other purposes across all businesses
• Demonstrates experience in building and managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer