Banker SAFE Act-18050688
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization
CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
New Client & Business Development:
- Grow client net revenue annually in core product areas: investment management, capital markets, banking and lending
- Create sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth and to acquire new target clients within different sectors
- Generate leads and develop prospects. network to identify referrals to new clients/prospects
- Profile, qualify and convert prospects to clients
- Identify and execute on new business opportunities with existing clients
- Orchestrate appropriate specialist resources to develop tailored long term solutions for clients
- Present and communicate to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood
- Serve as the clients advocate and trusted advisor for strategic advice on financial matters
- Create, organize and implement a wealth management strategy designed to deepen relationships with existing clients
- Manage client expectations regarding what can and cannot be done on their behalf
- Ensure financial strategies are kept current and are appropriately aligned with client's objectives
- Understand and communicate the risk involved with client strategies
- Ensure all client inquiries and problems are handled effectively and resolved
- Help team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients
Compliance Oversight & Controls
- Comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures regarding client transactions and suitability
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the following processes: Investment Objective Setting (IOS), Client Risk Profile (CRF), Periodic Client Reviews
- Oversee and ensure clients are onboarded appropriately including all required documentation is accurate and complete
- Client facing experience, preferably in the financial services industry. Strong knowledge of investments, banking and credit products
- Strong knowledge of financial industry and current market conditions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, team work and analytical skills
- Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance and marketing
- Ability to understand, utilize, and learn computer and web based applications
- Licensing: Series 7, 63 and 65 or 66
- BA plus relevant financial services experience required
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.