Senior Anti Money Laundering Compliance Risk Management Officer Sanction-18051314
- Provide support with respect to compliance with applicable sanctions laws and regulations in consultation with GSC.
- Oversight the sanction compliance across ICG and GCB, and act as the major contact window for Citi China.
- Responsible for sanction related policies setup, maintenance and review the procedures related to sanction prepared by operation/business.
- Coordinate business and operation stakeholders to well implement the Citigroup sanction policies/standards, as well as the regulatory requirements on anti - terrorist financing.
- Assist business in new product /service related sanction risk assessment to evaluate the potential risk and controls to implementation.
- Work with Business/Function/Product/Operations staff to facilitate completion and revision of sanction product risk assessment , where required.
- Assist business in sanction risk assessment and periodic renewal if sanction screening standard cannot be fulfilled.
- Responsible for sanction list maintenance/management and periodic reconciliation.
- Work on the L2 sanction disposition and provide guidance on policy/standards.
- Develop and deliver sanction training as needed from in country stakeholders.
- Assist and participate the sanction screening tool related enhancement and testing activities.
- Escalate Policy exception requests to GSC.
- Escalate sanctions issues that are identified in Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance Testing, or external regulatory reviews to GSC prior to agreeing to CAPs.
- Consistently explore the process optimization working with country and regional stakeholders
- Coordinate and/or provide training on applicable sanctions laws and regulations; and Citi sanctions Policies and Standards, as appropriate.
- Have a good understanding of applicable AML laws, regulations and policies.
- Ability to interface and partner with Compliance/AML/Control/Technology/Operations and Business across countries
- Experience in confronting with local regulator.
- Ability to multi-task and execute tasks with a sense of urgency and with the ultimate goal of delivering tasks on time
- Independent and works with minimum supervision
- Proactive execution of priorities and goals
- Ability to work under pressure
- University Degree;
- Minimum 12 years in the financial services industry is required
- Minimum 10 years in Compliance and/or AML Compliance and/or legal, audit, risk management role.
- Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skill in both English and Mandarin.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams, management and front line associates
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good analytical, process management and implementation skills