We currently have an exciting opening for a Western qualified Site Manager (Nursing Administration) for the Emergency Department at King Fahad Armed Forces Hospital - Jeddah. The hospital provides a wide range of primary, secondary and tertiary medical services to members of the Saudi Arabian Armed Forces and their dependents.
Responsible to : Nurse Manager / Director of Nursing
Responsible for : All Nursing Staff during a working shift
The post holder is responsible for the nurse/site management of the Emergency Department. The Site Managers has the delegated authority of the Director of Nursing / Assistant Director of Nursing in taking operational decisions to the best of their knowledge and experience to manage the Emergency Department and to call the appropriate personnel for information sharing or decision taking. In Emergency Department
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure the efficient and effective management of nursing resources.
- To exercise and demonstrate effective leadership in nurse - Site Management.
- To ensure the smooth management of the Emergency Department after hours and weekends.
- To maintain a good/safe working environment, in which patients receive a high standard of care.
- To ensure that clinical nursing practices confirm with agreed Nursing Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that standards of care are maintained and that effective procedures exists to regularly assess and review the quality of the services provided.
- To involve staff in determining acceptable levels of quality of service.
- To inform the Nurse Manager / Director of Nursing when changes occur in circumstances which affect safe, competent practice.
- To liaise with Nurse Manager / Site Manager in ensuring adequate levels of staff in Emergency Department.
- To take an active part in staff development and professional counselling.
- To implement a system of regular performance review, assess staff productivity and personal conduct of nursing staff in Emergency Department.
- To assist in the developing and application of quality and continuous improving methodologies in the Emergency Department.
- To ensure that floated staff allocated to Emergency Department are given appropriate support and guidance.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that all clinical and legal documents are both accurate and legible in Emergency Department.
- To ensure that formal and informal complaints are received courteously, and action taken to resolve them within the hospital procedures. To involve Nurse Manager and consult with Director of Nursing.
- To establish and develop effective communication with all Emergency Department staff.
- To establish an effective mechanism for regularly monitoring levels of sickness/ absenteeism, taking corrective measures when necessary.
- To participate in orientation of newly recruited Site Managers and other staff as needed.
- To promote good working relationship with all hospital staff.
- To maintain the safety and well-being of patients and staff in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure that all Hospital and Unit policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To exercise efficient problem solving techniques in order to trouble shoot and manage difficult situation.
- To be observant for professional problems and to act in a timely manner in order to eliminate uncontrollable situation.
- To take decisions on situations when immediate actions are required e.g. incident report.
- To facilitate the attendance of the on-Call hospital staff if their services are required i.e. by calling and facilitating the transportation requirements.
- To perform the agreed duties in events like Major Disaster, Code Blue and Code Red.
- To carry out regular rounds in order to monitor unit/staff activities.
- To conduct Controlled/Narcotic Drugs count as required.
- To prepare the administrative and patients activity report for submission to the Director of Nursing.
- To keep herself/himself updated with the IS&T systems of the hospital.
- To take responsibility for own professional development.
- To be aware of and participate in research.
- To represent the Site Manager at the division level, and act-up as required.
- To perform any other duties within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities as delegated/assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Nursing (Western)
- Experience: Min. 2 years in similar management position
- Valid license to practice
Kindly forward us a copy of your latest CV detailing your qualifications and experience if you wish to apply.
You are extremely important to MD Talent Search and we further aim to present your credentials to the best possible advantage and achieve a job offer and contract to match your needs. This may require some additional input in order for us to re-write your CV and present your skills summary as per the individual client’s protocols. Obviously this can take a few days, but once completed, should give you the edge to secure the placement with your employer of choice!
Our commitment to you is that of a truly Ethical partner, underlying our core business principles of Professionalism and Integrity.