Credit Risk Reporting Senior Analyst- Finance and Risk Infrastructure (Buffalo, NY)-18058599
Description About Citi
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition
explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards
explain how we do it. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Overview
Finance & Risk Infrastructure (FRI) is charged with delivering systems/technology, analytics, policies, and risk reporting to risk decision-makers across all our businesses and regions. The Corporate Management Reporting team is a department within the FRI. We focus on providing quantitative risk metrics and consolidated reporting to our clients who use the information to make business management decisions. Position Description & Responsibilities:
The current opening is for a Credit Portfolio Sr. Analyst. The successful candidate will focus on supporting the development, implementation, and execution of robust risk management processes that are designed to meet rapidly growing internal risk reporting needs; with a core focus on the LLR and CECL workstreams. Additionally, this role will support the delivery of bespoke data analytics for Citi businesses and senior management teams. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Business Process Execution
Business Process Governance & Design
- Supporting the production cycle of monthly loan loss reserves (LLR).
- Reviewing accuracy of production related inputs and coordinating with partners to ensure all process components are in line.
- Performing detailed variance analysis on production outputs and articulating explanations of material changes in the underlying portfolios. Communicating results to downstream clients.
- Providing ad-hoc support for internal business clients and regional teams requiring risk capital, stress test, or loan loss reserve estimates.
- Designing, implementing and executing controls to ensure process robustness and reliability.
- Ensuring comprehensive documentation is up to date for all processes.
- Coordinating the production of a series of product and process primers for clients that the team can use for training, education, and to answer client inquiries more efficiently in the future.
- Regulatory, Fundamental Credit, and external and internal audit reviews at various levels.
- User acceptance testing for process enhancements – both tactical and strategic.
- Execution and continuous improvement on other responsibilities within the team.
- Gain insight into Citi's major businesses / products and their risk drivers.
- Enhance analytical skills and gain experience working with data from a variety of risk systems.
- Obtain a broad, holistic, enterprise-wide view of risk management.
- Build relationships with risk and business managers throughout the organization.
- Develop technical knowledge in market, credit and operational risk.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated facility to engage effectively with diverse teams and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in credit risk, familiarity with Citi's consumer and institutional business an advantage
- Familiarity with risk metrics, including capital and stress testing, a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with GAAP and CECL accounting policies a plus but not required.
- Highly proficient with Excel. Formulas required. Experience with VBA a plus.
- Able to work with and navigate large data sets efficiently.
- Familiar with or willing to get familiar with programming languages (SAS, Java, R,SQL).
- Curiosity and willingness to spend the time to figure out how processes work.
- Strong communication skills; able to distil complex concepts into simple terms
- Comfortable working independently; can be entrusted to get the job done.
- Not afraid to ask questions and will pro-actively inform managers of progress against tasks.
- Track record of driving processes for maximum efficiency without trading off effectiveness.
- Organizes facts in a systemic way; concisely highlights issues; offers action-oriented solutions.
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.