Corporate Risk Reporting Manager- Finance and Risk Infrastructure (Buffalo, NY)-18064064
Description Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Overview Finance & Risk Infrastructure (FRI) is charged with delivering systems/technology, analytics, policies, and risk reporting to risk decision-makers across all our businesses and regions. The Corporate Risk Reporting team is a department within the FRI Management Reporting team. We focus on providing quantitative risk metrics and consolidated reporting to our clients who use the information to make business management decisions. The group works closely with risk, finance, treasury, and technology to perform time sensitive analysis related to the firm-wide risk capital, risk appetite, capital adequacy, loan loss reserves, stress testing, and risk/return decisions while shaping and driving the implementation of a longer term strategic risk monitoring and management framework. This particular role will be focused on the following risk areas: Core Capabilities Wholesale Risk: Work on scoping high level and functional requirements in addition to necessary testing for Wholesale Risk Core capability projects supporting Loan Loss Reserve, Internal Stress Testing, Risk capital and CCAR workstreams. Strategic Reporting Platforms: Work on transitioning existing reporting processes into the global strategic management reporting platform, Citi Insight. Testing: Perform testing related to new functionalities and enhancements deployed to reporting systems. Risk Transformation Projects: Working with the reporting team lead to scope reporting requires, to enhance reporting infrastructure, and to document reporting projects being on-boarded from other areas of the bank Position Description & Responsibilities: The current opening is for a Risk Management Reporting Manager. The successful candidate will focus on the development and implementation of robust risk management processes that are designed to meet rapidly growing management risk reporting needs. The primary responsibility of this position will be to support the management and enhancement of the risk reporting processes. The role involves both supporting existing management reporting processes and helping develop automated solutions to streamline future reports and data processes. Responsibilities will include:
- Executing against projects associated with Core capabilities, Risk Transformation, Strategic Reporting Platform/Infrastructure and other areas as per business need.
- Working with Risk clients to understand requirements for reporting projects and work with Technology throughout the life-cycle: writing business requirements, providing comprehensive functional details and then navigating the project through UAT testing phases.
- Designing, implementing and executing controls to ensure process robustness and reliability.
- Ensuring comprehensive documentation is up to date for all processes, including any overrides and exceptions.
- User acceptance testing for process enhancements – both tactical and strategic.
- Understand existing Excel based reporting processes and help create new streamlined Excel template and/or work on having it automated via a Technology path
- Execution and continuous improvement on all reporting workstreams.
- Based on organizational decisions, this position may involve managing a team of Analysts based in same/remote location ensuring appropriate hiring, coaching and management to achieve goals with speed, accuracy and effectiveness while cultivating an open and positive work environment.
- Gain insight into Citi's major businesses / products and their risk drivers
- Enhance analytical skills and gain experience working with data from a variety of risk systems
- Obtain a broad, holistic, enterprise-wide view of risk management
- Build relationships with risk, business managers, project management and Technology professionals throughout the organization
- Develop technical knowledge in market, credit and operational risk
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Masters in Quantitative disciplines a plus.
- Minimum 5 years total work experience in functional areas dealing with data/reporting in Financial Services. Experience in Risk reporting or Finance Reporting a plus.
- Proven ability to manage a team, while balancing tasks to be done individually. Ability to drive multiple deliverables and meet tight deadlines.
- Should have “Executive Presence” – need to have ability to represent the group in front of executives and think tactically and strategically to get the groups goals accomplished.
- Demonstrated capability to interact and work effectively with diverse teams.
- Experience in working with Technology groups for providing data/reporting requirements, performing testing and managing timelines a plus
- Demonstrated experience in data/analytics/reporting oriented projects that incorporate large datasets
- Proficient with Excel. Formulas required. Experience with SAS, R, or VBA a plus.
- Able to work with large data sets efficiently. Familiarity with Technologies for database and reporting processes a plus
- Experience in credit, market or operational risk; familiarity with Citi's consumer and institutional business an advantage.
- Familiarity with risk metrics: loan loss reserves, risk capital and stress testing a plus but not required.
- Adept at writing concise executive level PowerPoint presentations and Word documents to communicate proposals
- Inquisitive, analytical and optimistic outlook with willingness to spend the time to figure out how processes work.
- Proactive attitude and a self-learning mindset is a must to navigate projects that are new for the group
- Track record of driving processes for maximum efficiency without trading off
- Can work independently and can be resourceful to get the job done.
- Not afraid to ask questions and will pro-actively inform managers of progress against tasks.
- Organizes facts in a systematic way; concisely highlights issues; offers action-oriented solutions.
- Able to interact with senior management; can cater communication for the audience
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.