GF Internal Audit Global AML Compliance-18061912
- Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally
- This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of Regulatory Compliance audit coverage, for Asia Regional Compliance and AML Compliance COE team, in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory AML and compliance audits. The position will be based in Singapore and will report directly into the C14 Audit Senior Vice President – ICG Compliance. The position will provide IA’s Compliance CoE team to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the global Internal Audit strategies and Institutional and Consumer Clients business objectives. Specifically, this will cover all aspects of AML, Institutional Compliance aspects of Capital Markets Origination, Corporate & Investment Banking, Markets, Treasury & Trade Solutions, Securities & Fund Services, and the Citi Private Bank. A key aspect of this will be covering the hubs and Business Services supporting APAC countries as outsourcing hubs
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Partners and works collaboratively with team members in all phases of the audit process
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
Qualifications and Competencies:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timelines
- The candidate should have strong functional knowledge of AML and local regulatory compliance programs that have been established to comply with the local regulatory requirements, Citi policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by Asia Pacific regulators such as the MAS, Federal Reserve, Securities Exchange Commission and other related agencies especially in Asia Pacific, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management