Compliance Risk Management Director-18062894
Description Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Serves as CBNA and COO Compliance Risk Director for establishing and executing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and to deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. The Director will engage with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply Compliance Risk Management Framework (CRMF) program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Candidate must have strong working knowledge of CBNA and Citigroup businesses, risk management, and project management disciplines. Primary responsibilities include managing day-to-day CRMF program solutions including driving implementation of compliance strategy and programs, delivering reporting and analysis, and overseeing business management and administration on behalf of the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for CBNA and Citigroup.
This role reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) for CBNA and ICRM COO and is based in New York City.
Key responsibilities include:
• Driving development, analysis and publication of management information in support of ICRM and CBNA ICRM used to assist in managing compliance risks. Obtain and interpret gold source data in report development. Drive improved ICRM and ICRM CBNA board and senior management reporting.
• Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class communication strategy and execution program for ICRM including communication distribution and SharePoint sites.
• Project managing key initiatives and routine deliverables across ICRM, including the CBNA and COO Annual Compliance Plan and contributing to the Global ICRM Compliance Strategic Plan (CSP) and Transformation Workstreams, by tracking progress of team deliverables, coordinating consistent horizontal responses where needed and contributing to content as appropriate.
• Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class compliance, programs, policies and practices for COO and CBNA ICRM Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA). Drive consistency in implementation of the ICRM MCA Program with respect to Compliance Officers role to provide credible challenge and to support the business lines MCA.
• Contributing to firm-wide projects with business and functional partners as a representative for GCB ICRM and be prepared to make decision and/or socialize with the ICRM senior team, as appropriate. Translate ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner, including providing direction and guidance on programs.
• Acting as delegate for the CBNA CCO and ICRM COO in departmental activities and administrative matters with cross-functional partners in Finance, HR and other areas with respect to routine and ad hoc initiatives and requests. Drive strong partnerships, high quality deliverables, and seamless engagement, co-ordination and communication on behalf of GCB ICRM.
• Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical compliance issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation, as relevant and appropriate for responsibilities of this role.
• Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Control Units, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the GCB business.
• Managing Compliance initiatives as required, such as the implementation of new compliance systems, controls, and related project management work efforts.
• Assisting in or contributing to the development and administration of compliance policies and training unique to ICRM as related to responsibilities of this role.
• Execution and full support of activities for: governance committees and forums (e.g., Global Regulatory Compliance Committee, Business Risk and Control Committee); internal meetings (e.g., Town Halls, Leadership Meetings, Annual Planning Session); regulator meetings; employee engagement initiatives; and projects. Responsibilities include communications and end-to-end process, logistics (including venue reservations, audio/video conferencing and WebEx) and administration support, maintaining calendars, developing agendas, preparation of decks, collecting and distributing meeting materials in a timely manner, assistance in taking of minutes, etc..
• Draft, edit, format and distribute Global ICRM Compliance communications and presentations (e.g., internal compliance communications from the Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance submission for the Global Business Risk and Control Committee and Board/Audit Committee; Organizational Announcements and mid-year and annual Compliance announcements.) This involves significant coordination with Global ICRM teams and diligent attention to detail and follow up;
• Process and development of strategic messaging that connects content between programs for Citi Chief Compliance Officer “talking points” during governance meetings, reporting decks, annual Compliance statements, and other communications;
• Development and execution of a strategic communication plan including innovative ideas and initiatives across multiple platforms, including announcements, videos, newsletters, etc.;
• Supporting the implementation of new or changed laws, rules and regulations.
• Mentoring and developing junior staff.
• Supervising a team of junior compliance staff. Contribute to decisions regarding hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc. Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset find, develop and advocate a deep and diverse talent pool to meet forward compatible success and offer effective coaching and development to build a highly effective team.
Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus.• Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
• Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls
• Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs
• Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
• Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
• Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators (incl. the US)
• Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
• Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
• Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
• Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
• Subject matter expertise in area of focus
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.