Experience Designer - Citi Innovation Lab-18060227
CITI INNOVATION LAB DUBLIN
Opened in 2009 the Citi Innovation Lab Dublin was the first Lab in Citi’s now large global Lab network. Operating on a lean start-up model, the labs have the agility to move a new solution from incubation to launch more quickly which allows Citi to bring Innovative new products to market faster.
Citi Innovation Lab Dublin specializes in helping Citi to deliver on its ambition of being the world's leading digital bank. For our corporate clients, the lab focuses on developing new banking channels such as mobile and tablet; exploring new technologies to enhance our client's experience in working with Citi. Through the use big data analytics the Lab helps to create cross-product solutions that improve our client's working capital, stabilize their supply chains and improve their processing efficiency.
For our public sector clients, the lab focuses on solving key challenges in digitizing the delivery of public services; exploring opportunities inherent in disruptive new technologies such as digital money; and in helping the sector tackle fraud and overpayments in the delivery of government benefits.
Job Purpose Statement:
- To us, a hybrid Co-Creator is an expert who can deploy various design techniques and methodologies to lead and conduct client and user research in enterprise (B2B) environment, run design-thinking and co-creation workshops, lead focus groups and design propositions and solutions (digital or services)
- The candidate is highly motivated, has proven ability and is experienced creating digital products and services using co-creation techniques and design thinking, service design and rapid prototyping approaches
- The candidate is expected to lead design activities within innovation projects, collaborate with stakeholders to resolve design challenges and deliver high quality outputs
- The candidate will be actively encouraged to seek innovative ideas and fresh thinking from design industry and academia and apply them within the context of Citi
- The candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team player who can comfortably contribute design knowledge and expertise within Citi’s global innovation lab network
- The candidate is a great communicator and a specialist who brings a variety of research methods and techniques to the table. You are proficient with desk, qualitative (e.g. in-context) and quantitative research. You love working in a start-up like and innovative environments. You cope well under pressure. You can also design and prototype ideas to complement research.
Citi is committed to becoming the world’s leading, global digital bank and to developing new and innovative ways of working to improve the experience our clients have of working with Citi and its products.
The successful individual must have background in innovation including design thinking, prototyping.
In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- As part of our multidisciplinary Innovation Design and Discovery team in Citi Innovation Lab you will be working to establish design direction for products and communicate those standards effectively.
- Lead design activities within RandD experiments, including collaborative design/workshops, design research, rapid prototyping and product and service design
- Create/Contribute to the creation of new innovation projects through facilitating workshops and brainstorms with stakeholders
- Manage client validation activities including user recruitment and interviewing
- Deliver design collateral for projects and wider lab activities against milestones
- Measuring Innovation Activities through the use of OKR’s/Performance Scorecards/Targets and Milestones.
- Engage and lead existing design partner and vendor relationships on projects
- Ensure effective upward and cross communication on all notable progress to all key stakeholders.
This role provides significant opportunities:
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, T-shaped, smart individuals whose daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- Leader: You are self-motivated and have strong people and project management skills. You are comfortable working either as a project leader or as a contributor on a larger team
- Communicator: You use data and design to make the complex ideas and situations clear and understandable. You present well, write well and make great info-graphics and diagrams that aid understanding
- Facilitator: You can plan and conduct meetings and workshops that help teams build a shared understanding of a problem and work collaboratively to define a solution
- Organized: You are comfortable organizing your time among multiple projects and can stay focused on getting the right things done at the right time
- Technology Savvy: You know enough about the capabilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies to collaborate with technology professionals on product design
- Researcher: Conduct desk, qualitative and quantitative research both online and in the field and provide reports, recommendations, roadmaps, etc.
- Co-creation and Design Thinking: You have initiated collaborative design towards an evolution of a concept or product/service. You have applied design thinking methods used for problem solving and have produced creative solutions by rationally analysing key data points
- We put a lot of stock in hard evidence of good design work, so an application with a link to a portfolio of your work, a link to your blog, your published articles, a list of conferences and events you've spoken at or a solid history of contribution to society on design thinking or UX would carry a lot of weight with us.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty
- Strong visual design, equally at home applying these to print and screen
- Understanding of User Experience and Interaction Design, designing for systems over time
- Ability to conduct qualitative user research and quantitative (desk) research
- Ability to lead and conduct co-creation initiatives and methods in workshops or remotely
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups through a structured design process in workshops or via remote activities
- Extensive years of experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications (Design desirable)
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups
- Work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class teams, processes and tools
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding and are able to effectively communicate with technical partners
- Excellent organizational, program and project management skills
- Self motivated with a bias for action
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.