Internal Audit is a global organization of 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a product line/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The role will focus on supporting the audit coverage of centralized markets processes globally as well as support the project management of cross team initiatives. The role will involve the risk assessment, annual planning, business monitoring and supporting the audit execution and reporting to Citi’s director as manage cross team initiatives.
• Manage cross team initiatives by being the central contact to the Chief auditor to ensure that requests, reporting and projects are being tracked.
• Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Applies recognized expertise across global markets businesses benchmark activities and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
• Manages potentially complex and critical deliverables within Internal Audit, including managing engagements with a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of Global Markets and Treasury; technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff through day to day management of resources.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
• Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries where relevant to the audit entity structure related to benchmarks.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Strong project management skills to manage cross team initiatives.
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus.
• Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Strong business understanding of Global Markets and Treasury products, especially front-office activities and specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines.
• Demonstrates experience in managing challenging audits and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer