Citi Consumer Advanced Data & Analytics Associate-18065932
Description Lead What’s Next… Citi Consumer Advanced Data & Analytics Opportunities:At Citi, making informed, data-based decisions that allow us to anticipate our clients’ needs and wants is at the core of what we do. As a relationship bank, we want our clients to feel optimistic about what’s. We collect and analyze data on a daily basis and are seeking data scientists with a passion for consumer insights to help us on our mission to develop the most innovative solutions to achieve that goal. Our Consumer Advanced Analytics roles provide our teams with the tools to act as translators between real business problems and data. We are seeking candidates with a blend of business thinking, analytical thinking, and technology thinking - sound decisions, based on data, executed at scale. We Value problem-solving skills over specific tools and are looking for service-oriented mindsets. Citi will provide the rest. The Business Risk Management, Decision Management, Consumer Fraud and Analytics & Information Management groups help support and drive client experience as well as business strategy and results. These business functions are responsible for leading a best in class organization that drives sustainable progress, supported by the power of analytics, effective governance, customer focus, and strong partnerships across the Global Consumer organization. Why Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Citi Consumer Advanced Data & Analytics Career Opportunities Citi Branded Cards- Risk Management – Branded Cards Risk Management organization is responsible for optimization of credit decisions within the Cards portfolio. Overview:
Citi Branded Cards- Decision Management - Branded Cards Decision Management is responsible for the targeting, optimization and financial/portfolio analytics that drives attractive revenue growth and healthy returns for the US Branded Cards business through very deep data and analytical insights. Overview:
- Credit risk strategies, ongoing monitoring / process management and cutting edge analytics and optimization or policy.
- Introduction of new products, changing customer behaviors, and access new data and technology that enable better, faster and more consistent decisions.
- Monitoring/process management & innovative data and technology.
Global Consumer Business Fraud Prevention – GCB Fraud Prevention leverages an intelligence-lead threat driven model to detect and mitigate fraud along the entire fraud life cycle by fusing advanced analytics and internal and external intelligence Overview: Application of advanced analytics/machine learning, big data and network analytics in the following areas:
- Developing targeting & marketing optimization scenarios to inform business decisions.
- Test & Learn to generate data driven insights/ Build predictive machine learning models.
- Championing new analytical capability development (next generation capabilities to advance our machine learning modeling).
- Customer behavior forecasting with deep insight into variances and industry benchmark/competitive market analysis.
Global Analytics & Information Management – The Global Analytics & Information team delivers cross-functional analytics that enhance the client experience, create sustainable growth through information management, decision deployment solutions and advanced modeling capabilities. Overview: Application of advanced analytics/machine learning, big data and network analytics in the following areas:
- Identification of linkages to potential or known fraudsters (e.g. synthetic ID rings, collusive merchants).
- Develop fraud models to detect and alert on anomalies in portfolio behavior that could indicate potential fraud.
- Optimization of fraud rules, scores and detection strategies (internal and external fraud) to maximize fraud loss mitigation while minimizing false positive impacts and operational expense (automation and efficiency).
- Identification of fraud trends and emerging threats.
- Build strong foundation of non-intrusive customer identity and trust.
- Clean, compliant data and analytics/modeling workflows; real-time, relevant, emotionally resonant communications across touchpoints.
- Focus on leading global analytics talent, and growth-oriented innovation.
We want to hear from you if you have:
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, or related quantitative field (PhD’s strongly considered)
- Proficiency in analytical or data mining tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python) and Machine Learning strongly preferred
- Credit Card or Financial Services experience preferred but not required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, contingency planning and with an ability to think proactively.
- Communicates to all stakeholders on a timely basis both verbally and in writing, often including Senior or Executive Level Management
- As we look to building a pipeline of future leaders for the Consumer Bank; we look for individuals who possess the following qualities:
- Capability and experience with establishing strategic vision and driving change to achieve business targets
- Takes personal responsibility to lead by example. Understands and appreciates diverse backgrounds. Demonstrates strong ethics
- Identify opportunities to improve business performance, effectiveness and efficiency through process improvements and talent management
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written / verbal communication skills plus ability to synthesis information and prioritize actions
- Demonstrated ability to independently translate business questions into analytical framework to generate meaningful insights
- From a knowledge and experience perspective, these career tracks opportunities provide:
- A deeper understanding of the broad scope within the Citi Consumer business
- Full knowledge of consumer behaviors, product configuration, and market/economic environment
- From exposure perspective, this position will present:
- Analytical results and recommendations to senior management and cross-functional teams
- Opportunity to become familiar with a broad range of teams within and outside the organization
- Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
- Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
- Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
- Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
- Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
- Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable result
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.