Emerging Corporates Relationship Manager-18066025
We’re looking for a Relationship Manager to join our world-class team
Lead the sales and relationship management for Emerging Corporates customers in a given marketplace. Build and motivate talented relationship teams to effectively penetrate the market and gain market share. Current business segment includes those clients with revenues from $10 million to $100 million annually. Emerging Corporates banking clients in this segment typically use more standard product offerings and receive credit decisions through a centralized utility.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what’s right.
Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Did you know…
That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we’ve achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history.
Successful Relationship Managers should demonstrate the following behaviors
Develops our People:Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients:Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner:Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions Progress:Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values:Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Delivers Results:Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
On a daily basis, Relationship Managers will be responsible for the following
- Develop and manage integrated sales and relationship programs for business clients that are in alignment with the overall business plan to achieve desired revenue, cross-sell, and service hurdles. Must have proven experience implementing successful sales programs and promoting/measuring sales activities that translate into profitable growth.
- Provide strong, compassionate and visible leadership, which fosters positive attitudes and trust among employees, customers, and prospects. Partner with Retail banking and other internal organizations to ensure the customer experience is optimized
- Actively participates in the community to support bank's position within the marketplace of being a community partner providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the large number of commercial clients in the market and demonstrating Citi's commitment and presence.
- Manage plans, budgets and financial controls to meet strategic plans and objectives and ensure communication of such to appropriate internal management.
- Attract, develop and retain a talented and motivated team of business development officers and relationship managers (in the $5 to $80 million revenue segment) enabling each to achieve their revenue growth objectives by deepening existing relationships in assigned portfolio of customers as well as acquiring new business. Maintain a strong, talented employee candidate pipeline.
- Ensure safe, sound and timely underwriting practices and overall leadership of Citibank credit standards, by interfacing closely with the Credit/Risk organization.
- Ensure that marketplace activities are carried out in accordance with all legal and governmental regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor practices of competition and report findings to management when appropriate.
- Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
AsuccessfulRelationship Managerhas theseskills
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
- Must be a self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and presentation skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities and ensure resources are properly aligned
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels. Reputation in market attracts talent
- Some knowledge of credit products
- Strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information
- Sharp business development focus, demonstrating innovative approaches
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation
- Self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace
- Team player, builds strong partnerships
- Highly effective influencing skills
- Sound decision making, while being able to agreeably present a different viewpoint
- Positive/can-do approach, embraces changes and communicates as own
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Minimum 8-10 years business and/or commercial banking with increasing levels of responsibility
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree is preferred
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.