The role is embedded within the Finance department with responsibility for local GAAP financials for the German vehicles:
- Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG (CGME)
- European Branches of CGME
- Citibank Europe plc Frankfurt Branch (“CEP Frankfurt”)
- Citibank NA Frankfurt Branch (“CBNA Frankfurt”)
- Citigroup Global Markets Finance Corporation and Co. Beschkränkt Haftende KG (“CKG”)
The role within the German Finance function takes care of LV within bank chain as well as broker dealer chain in Germany and is also influenced by Citibank’s response to Brexit where the German banking business was transferred to a newly created German branch of Citibank Europe plc in April 2018. Capital market business remain in CGME which will pick up significant volumes from CGML for EEA clients starting 1Q19.
The German Broker/Dealer business remained within Citigroup Global Markets Deutschland AG (“CGMD”). CGMD became a subsidiary of Citigroup Global Markets Limited in the UK (“CGML”) at the same time CEP Frankfurt was created.
The key to success in this role is ability to prepare and manage all processes around the preparation of quarterly, semi-annual annual financial statements according to local GAAP requirements. This also implies coordinating and working efficiently with the various FRSS and CSC teams supporting Germany especially Budapest, Mumbai and London. An additional pre requirement is a deep knowledge and understanding of capital markets products.
• Ensure integrity and accuracy financial reporting for the German entities acc. to German GAAP (HGB, KWG and RechKredV)
• Establish consistent processes, effective controls and robust MCA assessments around local GAAP reporting processes.
• Support the CFO’s in Germany and for CEP Ireland for Planning and Analysis if based on local GAAP numbers
• Ensure compliance with accounting directives, guidance and policies and oversee new initiatives on local GAAP
• Enhance controls and integrity around manual data processes and sources
• Engage with various CSC and FRSS sites to enhance efficiencies in the reporting process
• Ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies
• Lead discussion with internal and external auditors on a regular base and during ongoing audits
This role will expose the candidate to:
• Coordinating and managing the process around local GAAP reporting within the German Finance function and German Broker/Dealer entity
• Dealing with diverse groups of people across different geographical locations
• Internal, external and regulatory audit
• Exposure and experience from broad range of business activities, while simultaneously building a strong theoretical and technical knowledge over capital market products, accounting and reporting.
Previous experience of/as:
• Financial Controller or Finance Senior
Extensive knowledge of:
• Financial Reporting (German GAAP and ideally US GAAP/ IFRS)
• Capital market products and financial instruments
Experience in liaising with external regulators and auditors.
First experience with managing reporting processes and ability to provide leadership within a fast changing organization.
• Professional approach and excellent management, financial control and regulatory reporting skills
• Reengineering, project management and process change skills
• Ability to engage and manage SME’s (internal and external) to address and resolve issues
• Excellent communication skills with professional and diplomatic approach
• High sense of professional accuracy followed by high quality working results
• Strong commitment to meet internal and external deadlines to ensure good relationship to local regulators.
• German native Level speaker
• Fluent in English
• Relevant Financial Degree or similar qualification with 3+ years post qualification experience especially in preparation of financial statements according to local GAAP for banking industry
• Ideally first experience made within a big four audit company
• An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands-on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals
• Strong interpersonal and management skills essential
• A pro-active decision maker who has the ability to champion Finance initiatives to successful conclusion
• Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues and who has strong leadership capabilities, with a focus on staff development and the ability to manage of a team of professionals
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Location:||Germany Hedmark Frankfurt am Main|
Banking and Financial Services
Finance / Accounting
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.