In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The College in Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
- support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and senior staff;
- plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks;
- be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
- provide a stimulating learning environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
- keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning;
- report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
- maintain good order and discipline amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
- participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
- communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
- lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
- produce musical/performance events at group/class and whole school level
- form a school choir;
- undertake all reasonable duties when requested by the Senior Leadership Team;
- be responsible for the delivery, progress and attainment in the subject;
- act as a point of contact for one ‘home’ class, undertaking the normal pastoral duties this entails.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven track record of success as a teacher.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and development of teaching and learning Primary School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.