Lead Developer - Vice President, Prime Finance (Tampa, FL)-18065175
Description About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, distributed, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, who is going to be responsible for Java/oracle application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from design and coding to testing. Responsibilities
- Responsible of leading development of software application.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with Citi specifications.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- 8+ years Java design & development experience on enterprise systems including relational database, SQL, and ORM development.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing multi-tier applications using distributed Java platforms.
- Profound knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns.
- Experience in development using open source framework such as Spring Framework, Hibernate, etc.
- Strong development experience with messaging systems such as Tibco EMS, MQ, and Kafka.
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating system and scripting.
- Experience with big data framework such as Hadoop and reporting writing framework such as Jasper is a plus.
- Securities industry transaction processing and securities lending experience is an advantage.
- Substantial experience (8+) in multi-tier application development with core Java, Messaging, and SQL/Oracle.
- Undertake independently the major and critical coding tasks of a project and as a lead developer.
- Provide solutions using design patterns, common techniques, and industry best practices that meet the typical challenges/requirements of a server side application including performance and stability
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards and framework
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Able to support business issues on need basis in distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Technologies required : Core Java, Java EE, Soap, Restful , PL/SQL, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle, JMS with IBM MQ/or Tibco EMS Proficient in working on backend technologies SQL and stored procedures/triggers.
- Tools : Well versed with Eclipse; Test Driven development and automated testing tools
- Understanding of financial markets, trading, Middle Office and back office functions (settlements)
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.