Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the role:
The Lead Business Finance Officer will be responsible for the preparation of financial and strategic planning, monitor execution of financial plans by tracking risks, controls, opportunities, and driving corrective actions in cooperation with the management team. Leads, directs and develops recognition as an expert in financial matters for the assigned function.
As a subject matter expert the role will provide value-added, meaningful, and insightful reporting and analysis for the Senior Management.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Review the Budget prepared by Departments with reference to various parameters, restrictions & Limits specified by the management for ensuring that the additions sought are reasonable and minimized depending on the circumstances of Operation
- Analyze monthly financial statements, identifies the drivers of financial performance and proposes potential solutions. Evaluates and prioritizes financial and operational viability and attractiveness of solutions proposed by self and others
- Produces periodic financial forecasts, projections as well as annual strategic and financial plans.
- Independently completes reviews of current practices to ensure effective control and/or feasibility reviews of proposed business operating plans to ensure the most efficient functioning of all areas of the company.
- Identifies procedures & practices that involves additional cost, wasteful & avoidable expenditure, quality in excess of requirement, cheaper alternatives without compromising quality and suggest methods or improvements to reduce or control costs
- Reviews and prepares analyses of potential new business ventures to evaluate adequacy of supporting business case with new reports/formats/distribution media.
- Maintains Data base of all statistical information on various matters viz. KPIs, Data relevant to the determination of KPIs, for the past 3 to 4 years for effective comparison of performance
- Reports on actual investment or initiative results after implementation and compares to original project plan.
- Monitors the capital budget to insure funds are spent as intended.
- Revise existing IAPs & Policies to update & accurately reflect the current practices & management instructions,
- Develop new Policies & IAPS for any area of operator not covered by existing IAPs & Policies & Ensure all practices are as per Delegation of Authority(DOA)
- Performs related duties as assigned which may not be specifically listed in the job description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level associated with the incumbent's class of work.
- Presents annual plan process within assigned area, and functions as a resource for area's planners on the criteria for the current processes.
- Maintain and update key operating statistics of the airline constantly sought at various levels of management for decision-making including other airline statistics.
- Assist the Departments in the preparation of budget & provide guidance
- Regularly review the department financial objectives, plans, procedures and practices and recommend appropriate changes if needed.
- Presents Cost centre Reports tailored to the requirement of the Budget Holder, Highlight unresolved issues, disputes and conflict of interest within dept., Between depts. and outside parties.
- Comply strictly to the deadline specified for submission of Audit requirements, requirements of Statutory, Government agencies & all reports for top management.
- Oversee and coach employees within the function who carry out financial transactions to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- As Subject Matter Expert, provide financial guidance to the assigned function to enhance quality of decision-making.
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Train and develop employees(including Local), for proper succession planning and risk management.
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Develop a system of assisting each other in case of urgencies and to stand-in for your team mates in case of urgencies.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- CA/CPA qualified, with excellent post qualification experience.
- Masters Degree or equivalent
Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- 5 years experience with at least 3 years with an international airlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review variances, understand business cycle and their impact on the profit and loss account.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills are a must, as is the ability to work effectively across the organization
- Good knowledge of finance system(ERP)
- Knowledge of cost centre accounting, preparing budgets and forecasts
Job Specific Skills:
- Must have excellent organizational ability to be able to set priorities, handle multiple responsibilities /work interruptions, and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal instruction
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of records and information
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate