Oracle Senior Developer-18070566
Citigroup Markets & Banking’s FXLM eCommerce team is a high-intensity product development unit that defines, designs and develops critical front-office/back-office applications for the Global FX & Local Markets business.
The Database Dev Lead will take up the responsibility of Database Development and Support of all the Front office / Back office system.
Global FX and Local Markets (FXLM) is a dynamic and high-performing division of Citi’s Markets business. The eCommerce group within FXLM is a Sales-Product Management-Product Development division headquartered in London, and its development & support teams have recently made Chennai their base of operations. This team manages mission-critical applications that drive deal booking, risk management, eCommerce and analytical applications across multiple asset classes - Foreign Exchange (FX), Money Markets (MM), Fixed Incomes (FI) and Derivatives. The team also provides production support for the various applications and the infrastructure that they run on. The unit in Chennai is led by the Business Head who reports to the Head of eCommerce in London. The Heads of Development, Production Support, Infrastructure, Administration and Business Management report to the Business Head.
We work on business critical high availability application solutions for the FXLM business that are deployed across 80+ countries and power our global FX & Local Markets business. Our applications are considered amongst the best-in-class within the industry, with our eCommerce and analytical products continuing to win industry awards year after year.
Our team in India is about 380+ now and plans to expand to 500+ in the next few years. The senior members of the team are permanent staff and we make extensive use of contract staff in our delivery, including at PL level. As part of the expansion, the team is looking to hire top-performing technologists with proven track record at Apps. Support Manager level, reporting to the Support Project Manager.
- Ready to handle Development work as an Individual contributor
- Possesses excellent understanding of Oracle RDBMS and Database server components.
- Take ownership for maintaining/supporting front/back-office applications
- Requirement Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Responsible for feasibility studies and setting up of new or revised applications component
- Utilizes good understanding of apps development procedures and concepts from a general and database point of view, basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system upgrades
- Solves least complex problems through evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards; uses evaluative judgment to make recommendations for process improvements
- Applies good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area
- Assesses the applicability of previous or similar experiences and evaluates options under circumstances not covered by procedures
- Communicates ideas and information in a concise and logical manner
- Together with the partner teams, user community, business analysts and eCommerce management contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Citi. As a member of our highly acclaimed Technology team, this role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists. The opportunity to work in back-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity & high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition. We believe it is even more special to do this as part of Citi, a premier financial institution that is one of the biggest and best in the market, and as a part of our team that has a high visibility for our work both inside our larger organization as well as in the global Capital Markets world.
The position will enable you to leverage Citi’s incomparable geographical reach, product richness, and engineering expertise and to translate these into a successful and top-of-the-class product offering for our customers.
- 5+ years hands on experience
- Experience in supporting Multi-tier applications
- Excellent analytic & problem solving skills
- Experience in different Oracle-RDBMS with focus on Design, maintenance and support of medium to large enterprise/distributed databases
- Excellent knowledge in troubleshooting, performance tuning and best practices
- Familiar with all phases of the systems lifecycle, from analysis, design and development and deployment
- Experience in end-to-end set up of mission critical applications
- Knowledge of the FX/MM/FI market and products is very desirable
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL programming skills
- Good Knowledge of RDBMS Oracle (10g and higher
- Good understanding of platform support procedures and concepts
- Ability to guide the juniors
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience of Performance tuning and trouble shooting of production database systems
- Experience in analyzing production issues from technical (database) and functional (application process) point of view and fixing them within defined SLAs
- Experience in application data migration, porting and version upgrades across different RDBMS using tools such as bcp, SQL *Loader, etc
- Experience in understanding and implementing policies and defined data security standards both from technical (RDBMS – database) and organizational point of view
- For applications running on Oracle RDBMS platform, Good understanding of Explain plan, Execution Plans and experience in Analysing TKPROF output and analysing AWR / ASH report
- Working Experience on High Availability Systems that utilizes Replication/Mirroring standards/approach in Oracle database
- knowledge on Linux, AIX operating systems
- knowledge on UNIX commands and shell scripting
- Experience in Infrastructure design will be an added advantage
- Graduation/Post Graduation qualifications in Computer Engineering (preferable) or any Engineering stream with a very good academic record throughout
- A high degree of Analytical ability and Quantitative skills is desirable
- Innovative and Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to make effective judgments on available data / knowledge
- Planning and Organizing – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience – Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability –self start on goals and achieve targets
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality