Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
About Citi Research
Citi is a respected global leader in Investment Research and Analysis, with more than 300 analysts who follow more than 3,300 companies in dozens of industry groups and with securities trading in over 50 countries. We publish thousands of research reports annually on subjects ranging from promising new biotechnology discoveries to the dynamics of paper pricing in the global marketplace.
Citi’s equities business is one of the largest and most established, both regionally and globally. Our clients include the world’s leading institutional investors and high net worth individuals and we provide these clients with value-added, independent, insightful and actionable investment advice.
Role Outline/Job Summary
An opportunity exists in Citi Research to join the financial modeling team as an Associate based in Buffalo, New York. The team is responsible for a) building and updating companies financial/valuation excel models and b) reviewing financial/valuation models to ensure they meet Citi standards. The team caters to the Citi research analyst’s teams based in different regions covering various sectors.
• Create excel based company valuation models by updating historical financial data, and building forecasts as per the modeling assumptions/drivers and Citi analysts’ requirements.
• Update existing company valuation models for new financial filings as per analyst’s instructions and model’s structure.
• Review analyst’s model to ensure they adhere to Citi’s modeling standards.
• Work on special projects/database initiatives, and be able to establish and monitor requirements, priorities, impacts and deadlines with minimal/no help. Understand their implications to the business, and deliver appropriate global solutions that satisfy all concerned parties requirements.
• Identify and communicate useful and timely information to the relevant stakeholders to facilitate informed decision making process within the operations team.
• Graduate qualification
• 2-3 years’ work experience
• Individual must possess a Graduate / Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or economics with minimum 2-3 years of experience in building and updating company valuation excel models
• Demonstrate a good understanding of accounting principles/financials concepts, and be able to source and navigate company financial statements data for modeling tasks.
• Strong financial analysis and modeling skills including decent understanding of drivers of different sectors and financial modeling’s best practices.
• Good excel skill and be able to easily navigate and understand the flow of excel financial model.
• Independently manage multiple tasks/work flow and should be able to prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Self-motivated, highly-focused and detail-oriented. Should be a good team player and demonstrate high energy levels and a desire to learn and progress within the team/firm.
• Ability to manage expectations and maintain key relationships with internal and external clients.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and should be able to communicate at different levels, within and outside team with ease.
|Location:||United States New York Buffalo|
Banking and Financial Services
Research and Fellowships
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.