The Finance Risk Operations TIR unit in Dublin has primary responsibility for the documentation validation process for the Global and Direct Custody businesses. Utilising a third party vendor application as well as internal Citi systems, the unit makes decisions that impact the future taxation and onward reporting of client’s income.
Tax regulation has changed significantly in the past few years and from this the requirements to validate tax documentation prior to account opening have increased in both volume and complexity.
The unit provides support to our GC and DC clients as well as the Implementations and Client Exec teams.
This position will work in a team-oriented environment.
Relevant work experience
Desired Skill set:
1. Understanding of U.S. tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by retail, institutional custody, markets and private bank businesses.
2. Understanding of U.S. tax information rules applicable to U.S. Persons and non-U.S. Persons
3. Understanding and working knowledge of IRS Forms W-9 and W-8 and their associated requirements; Forms 1098, 1099 series, and 1042-S; Forms 945 and 1042
4. Knowledge of FATCA regulations, inter-governmental agreements and associated reporting requirements
5. Excellent communication skills to drive engagement and close interactions with key stakeholders. Advisory services for both internal and external clients
6. Liason with Corporate Tax for complex tax advisory inquiries and policy requirements
7. Ability to examine processes and procedures, experience with Process Re-engineering, Re-design and Process Automation is preferred
8. Ability to act as a change agent for organizational and product transformational initiatives
9. Project Management experience preferred and strong organizational skills a must
10. Well versed in standard desktop technology with advanced Excel skills. Visio and Access experience preferred
11. Ability to interact with all levels of internal customers and senior management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.