ICG TTS - Innovation Catalyst – Co-creation Lead (SVP/VP)-18073000
Description TTS GLOBAL INNOVATION LAB - SINGAPORE
TTS Global Innovation Lab specializes in helping Citi to deliver
on its ambition of being the world's leading digital bank. For our
corporate clients, the lab focuses on developing new banking channels such as
mobile and tablet; exploring new technologies to enhance our client's
experience in working with Citi. Through the use big data analytics the Lab
helps to create cross-product solutions that improve our client's working
capital, stabilize their supply chains and improve their processing efficiency.
For our public sector clients, the lab focuses on solving key
challenges in digitizing the delivery of public services; exploring
opportunities inherent in disruptive new technologies such as digital money;
and in helping the sector tackle fraud and overpayments in the delivery of
government benefits. Operating on a lean start-up model, the labs have the
ability to move a new solution from incubation to launch quickly which allows
Citi to bring Innovative new products to market faster. JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose Statement:
An Innovation Catalyst must be highly motivated, have proven
leadership ability and experienced working with senior client stakeholders and
enterprise applications within the financial services industry. The successful candidate:
- Is expected to challenge the status quo, question
assumptions and generate new ideas by looking at situations from multiple
- Should be open to learning and exploring new
information and practices; interested in understanding how things work.
- Needs to be comfortable taking calculated risks and
purposefully put self in challenging situations where success is not always guaranteed.
- Must remain engaged during stressful situations
brought on by ambiguity and conflict.
- Takes time to reflect on experiences; spends focused
energy processing information, gaining deeper insights into problems,
themselves and others as a result Job Background / Context:
Citi is committed to becoming the world’s leading, global
digital bank and to developing new and innovative ways of working to improve
the experience our clients have of working with Citi and its products.
We are looking for candidates who will be help maintain our
success as leaders within global transaction banking, and accelerate our
efforts to become a major part of the future of cash management and trade
The successful individual must have background in innovation
including design thinking, prototyping and also have solid commercial
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be
handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- Drives co-creation with clients and works with product
teams to deliver innovative solutions (primary)
as a liaison to business / product teams thus building partnerships
at regional and global levels to enable executions against strategic
- Challenges long-standing assumptions and identifies new ways of
- Proposes non-traditional methods when tradition
impedes performance improvements
- Become a focal point of contact for all stakeholders
throughout the innovation lifecycle and work with internal and external
partners to design, validate and deliver solutions with a commercial
benefit for Citi
- Manage multiple concurrent initiatives and projects of
varying sizes & complexity
- Create new & maintain existing partner and vendor
- Effective upward and downward communication on all notable
progress to all key stakeholders,
- As the catalyst you will retain overall control and will be
accountable for delivering innovative initiatives through:
o Partnership - Continually seeks the customer’s (internal
/ external) point of view and uses learnings to create new solutions.
- Enabling innovation - enabling partners to deliver
innovation while taking on an innovation leader role in the core
- End-to-end delivery – delivering all aspects of projects
from business case to production deployment and beyond.
Development Value: This role provides
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies
and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you exposure to
new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to
work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a member of the Innovation Lab you will have to
opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated individuals whose
daily job is to think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities
with a commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and
the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- By working within the senior leadership team of the
innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will
have access to a get number of Citi’s executive management team.
Qualifications PERSON SPECIFICATIONKnowledge / Experience
- Deep knowledge of institutional banking business
- Hands-on experience dealing with clients and senior
stakeholders / buying centres to drive meaningful outcomes
- Experienced is co-creation, solutions development, applied
research, experimental development and early design activities to
- Keen interest in emerging technologies (blockchain, data
science etc.) and understanding of its current / potential impact on the
traditional banking space
- Creative problem solver comfortable with working in rapidly
evolving landscape and projects loaded with uncertainty.
- Technologically strong and business savvy.
- Reflects on experiences and utilizes setbacks as an
opportunity to learn and improve
- Thinks beyond own area of responsibility examining linkages
and interactions between different parts of a system
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse groups
from senior stakeholders and clients to junior team members.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to move others to action, even
when outcomes are uncertain.
- Confidence to makes difficult or unpopular decisions and
stands behind them.
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups
through a structured design process in workshops or via remote activities
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications
(Innovation / Banking field desirable)
- Experience working with innovative and emerging technology.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may
be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and
Citi is an equal opportunities employer.
effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic
about delivering quality solutions while working with world-class
teams, processes and tools.
feedback from others to make changes to improve impact and effectiveness
effective written and oral communication skills
organizational, program and project management skills.
excellent technical knowledge and equally enthusiastic about business
- Promote teamwork and maintain effective
communication within and across groups.
- Promote and drive continuous process improvement especially
in code quality, testability & reliability