Senior Analyst Developer-18057791
Job Purpose: We are seeking an experienced developer with a particular focus on delivery of electronic trading software for a demanding, fast-paced front office technology client base. The role will have a priority focus around delivering best in class pricing technology to the Local Markets business. This will include developing solutions for the distribution of market data consistently around the globe for complex and structured pricing.
The developer will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritize their own work, deliver to deadlines
- Track record of 3+ years of server-side Java development skills
- Familiarity with one of more of the following additional technical areas: Couch base, Relational databases (Sybase), Tibco RV, EMS, Solace, KDB, ION, low latency programming, No SQL databases, python/groovy scripting,
- A practical understanding of enterprise application delivery in a structured environment
- Focused problem solving approach
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization, across multiple locales
- Motivated by working on high profile project that benefits other developers
- Strong software Engineering skills to build technology ‘in the right way’, sustaining long term success
- Hands on technical skills, with aspirations to move into technical leadership role
- Markets Technology is a front to back group that works closely with our Markets businesses to design and implement technology solutions that achieve our challenging business and technical goals. This makes the group an exciting and fast-paced environment to work in. As a franchise, Citi’s market penetration is second to none, across asset class and across geographical boundary, making it a truly unique place to work.
- The focus is changing within Markets technology at Citi. There is a commitment and drive to invest in building a common cross asset platform for electronic trading over the coming years. This particular role is within the FXLM group, with a primary focus of delivering to the LM business, but in addition there is an expectation that the successful candidate will also be involved in broad Markets initiatives, in support of the move to common.
- Specifically this developer will be part of a team which is responsible for functional areas within the Pricing and distribution development group. The key goal is to build out an increased electronic franchise across all products covered by the LM Rates desks globally. Within this build out of the infrastructure this role will be focused on the delivery of pricing to the front office. A specific area will be to deliver a global solution for consistent and performant pricing, including the ability to distribute internally consistent Pricing Environments. The focus will be to utilise these for structured pricing of LM rates products.
As a developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain insight into the Front Office software development environment
- Be involved in project from successful pilot to full-scale rollout
- Extend the project (new features, enhancing existing) and define the strategic longer-term technical direction
- Work closely with Front Office colleagues across multiple locations and business lines
- Build your profile with senior technologists across the Markets Technology group
- The Senior Analyst Developer will be accountable for:
- Coordinating with stakeholders to deliver work-slate in line with expectations
- Implementing solutions to issues identified
- Identifying, estimating and implementing enhancements
- Shaping the future technical direction of the product
- Providing development support response to incidents and requests raised through support channels
- Communicating project progress and promoting achievements
- Educated to bachelors degree level or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with senior management
- Professional Server-side Java experience is essential to the role
- An understanding of structured development in a banking environment is an advantage
- Understanding of global distribution of data and knowledge of pricing in Excel environment an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of Fixed Income markets and electronic trading is a distinct advantage
- Ability to work under pressure in a fluid and demanding environment is essential