Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
To be part of the IT technical delivery team, responsible for managing business requirements and ensuring that the IT solutions meet the stated business objectives. Activities may involve requirements gathering, analysis, documenting functional & interfaces specifications, non-functional requirements, preparing test scenarios and test cases, executing system tests, support business user acceptance tests, support business roll-out and provide post go-live 2nd level system support.
This role is responsible for analysing and documenting business cases, business processes and new system requirements for assigned business areas. Works with the business to define requirements and develops business cases for divisional projects.
- Investigate and analyse business operational requirements, identify problems and opportunities.
- Capture and document business requirements in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives and business priorities.
- Support business units in preparation of business cases for automation, IT solution procurement processes
- Support business units in preparation of business cases for automation, including where procurement processes are involved, and identify tangible & intangible benefits, project NPV, ROI etc.
- Work along-side QRIT Account Management team to deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs.
- Analyse and document the business requirements, system interface specifications and non-functional requirements, strictly following the QRIT SGI guidelines and templates.
- Ensure timely reviews and sign-off of the documentation.
- Conduct domain and requirements training sessions for the software delivery teams.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Manage interactions with external / internal IT teams for designing and documenting the system interfaces
- Identify and document test scenarios, test data and test case.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Analyse and document business process models (as is and to be) using techniques such as UML modelling and tools.
- Conduct system testing and manage the defect lifecycle, work with the development team to ensure timely closure of the defects.
- Conduct system integration tests and sign-off by concerned stakeholders.
- Support user acceptance testing and timely sign-off.
- Support business users in the review of production data and configuration set-up (system parameters, access privileges, seed data set-up etc).
- Assist business areas in identifying potential IT opportunities exploiting use of new technologies.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions, support end user training and review of standard operating procedures.
- Prepare Change Requests and conduct regression tests to ensure that fixes do not break existing functionality.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
- Ensure that any personal data obtained and processed is treated in accordance with data protection principles followed by the Group, as well as applicable Group policies and Procedures on data protection and information security.
- Consult the Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) office prior to making decisions on the processing, storage, retention and deletion of professional data with regards to responding to Subject Access Requests (SARs), conducting Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIAs) and identifying any personal data breach, if there is no policy or procedure that provides adequate guidance.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
To be successful in the role you must:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level.
- Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Mathematics / Sciences / Commerce/ relevant major.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate