A Team Banker will work in partnership with the senior bankers of the team, predominantly the team leader, to provide excellent client service.
The role works closely with clients and Private Bankers to provide a high level of sales and product experience and support the banker in all aspects of reporting and regulatory requirements. Solid knowledge of bank products and regulatory requirements are required.
Due to BREXIT the role will possibly relocate to Madrid. Candidates must be flexible on relocation.
The Citi Private Bank, one of the largest private banking businesses in the world, provides professional wealth management services for 26,000 clients globally, including a third of the world’s billionaires, operating in 60 offices in more than 30 countries.
The Citi Private Bank offers unmatched global reach, coupled with a full range of portfolio management and investment advisory services, an array of structured lending and banking services, as well as expertise from Citi's Markets and Banking division.
Citi Private Bank is dedicated to helping clients meet their financial needs and goals. We serve them as a true financial partner and trusted advisor. Our experienced professionals serve the needs of wealthy families, individuals, and entrepreneurs.
Assist bankers and clients in all related matters with a particular focus on:
Sales and Marketing
• Work in partnership with the Private Banker team to address the financial needs and expectations of the client
• Exceed client expectations by thoroughly understanding problems and providing creative solutions.
• Maintain close contact with clients in conjunction with the Private Bankers.
• Provide direct and indirect sales support to the Private Bankers through joint calls and work closely with product specialists to implement client decisions as well as ensuring after-sales follow-up
• Partner with Private Bankers to develop comprehensive understanding of client needs and to assist the Private Bankers in formulating and executing specific account strategies, proposing solutions and negotiating standard transactions
• Provide innovative support in marketing strategies
• Assist the Private Bankers in executing sales strategies for formulating strategies if required.
• Work with specialists and support team in conjunction with Private Banker to implement client decisions
• Participate in client meetings and account reviews to understand the client’s requirements if needed.
• Prepare client pitches and assist in portfolio reviews
• Helping bankers research potential target market clients and working with the banker and business development team on strategies to convert these prospects
• Projects for the GMM/Team leader as required
• Work with the Associate Banker to help the execution of transactions across the broad array of Citi products
• Work with client and Private Banker, On-boarding team, Associate Banker and Client Services team to facilitate account opening and completion of the mandatory documentation especially in KYC and AML
• Capture and maintain client information
• Assist in Client Relationship Management e.g. updating the pipeline, logging call reports
• Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements in line with the policies of the CPB
• Monitor and adapt to changes in business processes and policies
• Identify ways to streamline internal processes to make them more efficient
• Maintain learning program through internal courses and external certifications
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work with sophisticated UHNW clients and their requirements. This allows for personal progression in the understanding of regulatory requirements, products, relationship management and sales process roles. The role will prepare the employee to become an UHNW Banker.
• Proven experience working in a servicing role within the Financial Services sector (Private Banking/Wealth management experience preferred).
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all CPB banking and products systems, platforms, tools and capabilities.
• Proven experience in a front office environment dealing directly with clients.
• Knowledge of the Greek market
RDR compliant where relevant
FCA Registered or applicable qualifications.
• Pro-active, initiative and driven.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in multiple languages as required.
• Excellent relationship building skills (with clients, and across hierarchical levels and other functions).
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and change – high adaptability.
• Ability to challenge status quo and continuously optimize processes and tasks in own area of responsibility.
• Strong client orientation.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions.
• Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchal levels and functions.
• Is aware of, and effectively manages, risk and compliance related situations in his/her area.
• Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills.
• Team working
• IT Competencies: Bloomberg, MS Office
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add values to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Location:||United Kingdom London|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.