BP&A Lead Analyst-18073716
Description BP&A Lead Analyst Individual will be responsible for building capabilities in partnership with the Collections Operations (Ops) and Risk Organizations in order to create the next generation of collections strategies. Next generation strategies bring a mix of increased collections effectiveness and operational efficiency through a digital-first, customer-centric lens. This includes:
Individual will provide judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; drawing on diverse range of internal and external sources.Individual will have excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally and tell a management story to senior management as well as recommend the next best course of action to take. About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- Identifying new data elements (internal and from 3rd parties) to include for strategy development and working with the appropriate BP&A and IT groups to bring those into our Contact Utility data lake
- Working with the appropriate IT/Ops teams to develop the infrastructure to leverage the data and execute on the strategies in a systematically responsible way.
- Build queries to use in analyzing data/trends to create hypotheses for collections strategies and working with Ops, Risk and BP&A to size and test those hypotheses/strategies and analyze the results.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations and build business cases to support contact strategy testing and/or prioritization of new outbound or self-service capabilities.
- 5+ years of relevant consumer financial services industry experience, with extensive knowledge in consumer lending with particular focus in the collections/loss mitigation function preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent.
- Conceptual understanding of collections operational strategies, risk segmentation and treatments as well as current legal/compliance constraints.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing complex data to identify trends, cause/effect relationships and sizing the effects of change.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate and react appropriately to important changes in the business direction and customer behaviors and preferences.
- Experience partnering with senior line directors, Risk, and Analytic partners to identify opportunities and communicate conclusions and analysis back to senior management through appropriate management stories.
- Proficiency in SAS/SQL and MS Office required.
- Experience with additional programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and analytical tools (e.g. Enterprise Miner, Knowledge Studio, H2O, Alpine, Tableau) and big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark) highly desirable.
EEO Statement: Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Pay Transparency: Citi won’t discriminate against anyone for discussing pay, but those with access to pay data in their work can’t disclose it unless responding to complaints/investigations or legal requirements.