Assist the global Operational Risk departments with enhancing Citi’s control assessment programmes including implementation of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Simplification initiative. Work as a team player and contributor to ensure Operational Risk anticipation and quantification tools are robust to proactively identify emerging risks and control weaknesses. Lead franchise-wide projects related to improvement in Operational Risk anticipation and quantification tools.
Operational Risk is an organization within Independent Risk.
• Operational Risk Mission
• Operational Risk works proactively with businesses and global functions to embed a • strong operational risk management culture and framework across Citi. Operational • Risk is responsible for identifying, anticipating and mitigating risks that could impact business objectives, and minimizing operational risk events and losses.
Operational Risk Objective
Promote continuous improvement in the design and application of operational risk management activities by:
• Establishing and overseeing the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes
• Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of risk mitigation tools including internal controls
• Maintaining an enterprise-wide assessment of the most significant, current, and emerging operational risks to business activities, and ensuring appropriate actions are in place to mitigate these risks
• Identifying, anticipating, measuring, mitigating and reporting Citi’s operational risk exposure, and
• Determining operational risk capital requirements and allocations
Project and Program Management – Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Simplification
• Collaborate with the Global MCA team members, other Operational Risk teams and various business representatives in the implementation of global projects and work streams related to Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Simplification initiative
• Independently lead selected work streams of the broader GRC simplification project
• Ensure communication on the overall project and selected work stream status is adequately addressed to keep all involved stakeholders up to speed with the project development. Communication includes senior forums, training to wide audience of business and function representatives and well as regular forums to support ongoing project activities
• Report to senior management on status and development of selected project work streams
Coverage of selected business and function areas during GRC implementation
• Conduct oversight over GRC implementation within the selected group of business / function areas
• Act as a main point of contact on GRC-related matters for the selected group of business / function areas
• Support GRC implementation, perform investigation and find resolution for any roadblocks in a way of successful project implementation within the selected group of business / function areas
• Escalate as appropriate any issues with GRC implementation
GRC MCA Assessment Architecture
• Assist with the development of key assessment architecture infrastructure to ensure embeddedness of GRC MCA Program
• Lead further development and enhancements of GRC Standard MCA Profiles and Enterprise MCA Profiles as well as continuous change management around those
Proactive Risk Management
• Contribute to tactical enhancements in operational risk management tools and techniques following strategic directions set by ORM Senior Management
• Suggest new and improve existing tools in the sphere of:
- Recognizing and measuring operational risks
- Identifying significant unmitigated risk exposures, common significant risk topics
- Suggesting mitigating controls and activities
• Contribute to development of quantitative aspects of operational risk exposure measurement
• Perform reviews of operational risks recognition by the business, including thematic reviews across significate risk topics and Continuous Monitoring reviews
• Analyse key operational risk and control data to identify:
- Areas for improvement in existing implementation of MCA Programme
- Top operational risks and significant unmitigated operational risk exposures
- Forward-looking significant emerging operational risks
- Summarize and present analysis in concise, thought-provoking and action driven manner
• Prepare materials and present results of analysis to ORM and Business
The successful candidate will implement ongoing and newly developed initiatives during the temporary period. The role entails engagement with Global Operational Risk Management MCA Team and other stakeholders from Operational Risk, Technology, Businesses and Function.
• Experience of working in a dynamic project based environment with variable stakeholders and tight deadlines.
• Prior experience in Project Management is an advantage
• Confident and concise verbal communications skills,
• Relevant experience in risk identification, assessment, monitoring, and remediation will be an additional strength
• Banking/Operational Risk experience is an advantage
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong ability to implement work projects both on the ground and with remote units
• Ability to successfully find working solutions and resolve any tensions in project environment with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to analyze problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations
• Strong analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong MS office knowledge including Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
University education preferred, although exceptional candidates who do not meet this criterion may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience and an outstanding professional track record
• The successful candidate will need to show that he/she is unafraid to interact with counterparts and seniors in an environment with extremely high exposure and expectations
• The candidate should show an ability to proactively develop the role beyond the parameters set by direct instruction
• The candidate should be able to work to tight deadlines and be able to respond quickly and with authority to crisis situations
• The candidate should be an effective team player and promote inclusive culture within MCA Global Team
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer