Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About the job:
As Treasury Supervisor, you will provide primary execution and support in carrying out treasury operations, including but not limited to, cash-flow monitoring and reporting, daily transaction and payment processing, confirmation of fixed deposits and forex deals, verification of cash payments, monthly bank account reconciliations, petty cash float management, issuance, maintenance, and reporting of Company Credit/Debit Card facilities, Letters of Credit and/or Bank Guarantees.
Key responsibilities: In this role, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Prepare daily/monthly cash-flow analysis and forecasts to ensure availability of sufficient funds for all payments from different banks.
- Prepare annual cash-flow reports for actual funds movement.
- Forward all payment documents to banks, received from other finance staff for payments.
- Ensure the payments are done and SWIFT messages received for all urgent payments.
- Verify cash payments to ensure proper and correct payments and accounting in books.
- Liaise with banks to resolve payment-related queries.
- Provide support to Treasury Management team for external negotiations
- Conduct bank reconciliations on a monthly basis and associated follow-ups with different teams internally.
- Ensure all official documentation received are recorded and filed properly for safe custody in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Assist and provide support to your team regarding the issuance, maintenance and cancellation of company credit and debit cards, as well as maintaining a database regarding this.
- Prepare analysis and reports as required.
- Ensure proper and correct accounting of transactions in QR books.
- Preferably, candidates will have a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. MBA is also ideal.
Previous experience & knowledge:
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience is required, with progressive responsibility within a corporate finance/treasury department.
- Basic understanding of cash management principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of banking and financing instruments (both asset and liability).
- Willingness to learn new things in connection to treasury operations.
- Good Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet skills, basic working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Natural interest in treasury operations and banking activities.
- General knowledge of and interest in financial and capital markets.
- Experience in interfacing with middle management across functional lines is preferred.
- Good communication, inter-personal, and teamwork skills.
Please note, this is a temporary assignment for 6 months with a possibility of extension based on business need. To be considered for this role, you must already be residing in Qatar with a valid Residents Permit and be immediately available to work.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate