Department and Business Overview:
Equities Risk and Derivatives technology team globally supports Equities Front Office risk management system (EQRMS), providing the business with capabilities to manage intra-day and overnight risk and PNL of positions, as well as the full lifecycle of derivatives products. The organization is undertaking a complete revamp of the platforms, in order to support business expansion plans to close the gap to competition. Extensive analysis of challenging business problems and transparent, efficient project management of a complex technical eco-system are vital to the success of the overall strategy.
This is a senior position to act as the global head of the Business Analysis and Project Management team, which is part of Citi Equities Risk and Derivatives technology. In this capacity, the successful candidate will partner with technology and business organizations to drive strategic transformation of Equities Front Office risk management and derivatives trading platforms.
• Interface with senior management on the business side, Quants, Risk technology, and Control functions to determine priorities, generate roadmaps, and own overall delivery plans start to finish
• Manage the global team of 10, creating learning opportunities, growing talent, while ensuring full Project Services coverage for critical business and regulatory program
• Coordinate execution of complex projects and manage priority conflicts and dependencies
• Generate detailed business requirements for development teams
• Oversee planning and successful completion of User Acceptance Testing
• Standardize project governance and reporting, establish a set of clear metrics that represent measurement of progress Develop excellent understanding of the technology strategy, and work across organizational boundaries to influence drive to common / component reuse
• This is a high-visibility opportunity to help transform Equities Risk and Derivatives systems into an integrated, best-in-class platform that will represent technology response to growing business ambitions in the face of industry/regulatory challenges
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Technology
• Courses / advanced degree in Finance would be a plus
• An extensive years of working in the field of Finance Technology in the BA/PM capacity with years of distributed team management experience
• Expert knowledge of Risk and Derivatives business (Equities will be the preferred choice)
• Previous experience in managing the full project lifecycle via established models (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
• Proven delivery track of complex global projects in the Risk Derivatives domain
• Demonstrable knowledge of Excel, SQL is essential; application lifecycle tools such as Jira would be an advantage
• Superb communication and influencing skills
• Ability to work independently, yet escalate at the right time
• Self-motivated with an enthusiastic and proactive approach
• Ability to negotiate and find conflict resolution
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• A drive for constant improvement, questioning and challenging status quo
• Ability to work in a globally distributed team
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer