Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. The Risk Governance group is divided into 8 areas: 1) Risk Frameworks 2) Risk Policies 3) Product Approval Framework 4) Risk Identification 5) Risk Controls and Issue Management 6) Regulatory Affairs, Governance Committees & Quality Assurance 7) Strategic Analysis & Cross-Risk Initiatives and 8) Risk Headcount and Budget Management. As part of this function, the Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance Review and Governance Committee workstream leads proactive oversight of Risk Management efforts to deliver timely and best-in-class outcomes against regulatory expectations in addition to supporting firm-wide risk governing committees.
The Regulatory Affairs team ensures the Risk organization maintains strong and productive regulatory relationships with US Prudential Regulators, with a focus on the FRB, OCC and FDIC. The team partners closely with subject matter experts within risk segments to:
• Oversee and coordinate regulatory examinations and reviews to ensure the risk organization proactively addresses regulatory requests and concerns;
• Manage regulatory interactions, including reoccurring liaison meetings and ad hoc information requests, to strengthen regulatory relations from an Independent Risk Management perspective; and
• Support the development of appropriate and diligent responses and remediation plans when regulatory issues and concerns are identified.
Members of the team are expected to promote strong coordination across the Risk organization, working closely with partners in other Control Functions and Businesses, to ensure consistent, insightful and clear communications to regulators.
The objective of the Regulatory Affairs Coordinator role is to support the Regulatory Affairs Leads in the execution of complex regulatory interactions, including in-depth regulatory exams and ad hoc requests.
• Exam coordination activities including project management of exams, managing stakeholder participation and presentations, overseeing follow up regulatory requests, and ensuring logistical needs are covered.
• Attend regulatory meetings to represent the organization on regulatory matters and record meeting summaries and follow-up actions.
• Review and provide quality assurance of risk management deliverables submitted to regulators.
• Synthesize regulatory feedback and key findings in reports provided to senior management, the CRO and key stakeholders.
• Assist in high priority regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
• Effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Risk types and Businesses to promote a more integrated approach to regulatory relations.
• Obtain a unique firm-wide view of Risk Management at Citigroup.
• Expand understanding of regulatory engagement and coordination practices
• Gain perspective and deeper understanding of the material risks across the firm (credit, market, liquidity, operational, strategic).
• Interact with risk teams in all major businesses (ICG, CCB, Consumer) and control functions, further developing a network across the firm.
• Participate with meetings and discussions with senior management.
• Learn how senior management monitors and evaluates risks in the firm and will learn about the different measurements and procedures that are used to do so.
• Exposure to strategic thinking capabilities and the high profile initiatives/mandates considered by the CRO Office, some of the most critical strategic projects in Risk and the firm
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years relevant experience
• Awareness of general concepts/ principles of risk management (credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, strategic risk and/or capital markets and finance)
• Superior writing skills, able to effectively present in text or slide format
• Excellent problem solving abilities and organizational / time management skills
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves"
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to network and interact with a broad range of risk teams and senior management
• Intellectually curious and willing to invest time in researching areas outside current knowledge base/ skill set
• Experienced in project management with excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills
• High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
|Location:||United States Flevoland Tampa|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.