A permanent full time opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Consultant (Consultation Liaison) to join the ACCESS team within Child and Youth Mental Health Services at Gold Coast Health (GCH).
This is a rare opportunity to;
- Enjoy the Gold Coast lifestyle,
- Work in a world-class 9000-strong health care service
- Support children and young adults to improve early recognition and appropriate management of mental health needs
- Work closely with general hospital units including Emergency Departments and the Paediatric Inpatient Unit to proactively integrate mental health services into the general hospital system
You will apply specialised nursing knowledge to provide consumer-focused and evidence-based mental health clinical leadership and expertise including:
- Contribute to multidisciplinary care plans and evidence-based interventions to address psychological and behavioural needs of children and young people presenting to the GCH Emergency Departments in acute crisis and/or receiving concurrent medical treatment on the Paediatric Inpatient Unit
- Coordinate and provide efficient and responsive child and youth mental health care services across different hospital and community sites
- Provide timely specialist mental health assessments and consultation to general hospital patients in leading positive consumer outcomes
- Be a clinical expert resource to provide clinical governance, develop staff and champion proactive, contemporary mental health practice
- Demonstrate advanced, broad and ethical mental health clinical practice
Requirements for the role
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- AHPRA registration
- Relevant post graduate qualification or commitment to complete such
- Credentialed or working toward being credentialed through the College of Mental Health Nurses
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $110 499 - $119 964 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
The Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is a free, confidential and voluntary service provided by Gold Coast Health. Our service is available to children and young people from birth to 25 years and their families who live in the Gold Coast region. Our clinics offer multi-disciplinary teams who are experienced in understanding and working with the emotional and behavioural problems facing children, young people and their families.
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework (PDF) (PDF) ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/Core%20Capability%20Framework_GOV002420.pdf ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Friday, 11 January 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC297668
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.