GSG Relationship Analyst-18077936
To provide comprehensive internal and external support functions to a team of Relationship Managers (“RMs”), covering Global Subsidiaries Group (“GSG”) relationships.
The GSG portfolio comprises subsidiaries of Citi’s global, multi-national corporate relationships.
GSG South Africa (“GSG SA” or “the Unit”) reports directly to GSG EMEA on a matrix basis. The unit is based predominantly in Johannesburg, with representative offices in Cape Town and Durban, and is staffed by Relationship Managers (“RMs”) and Relationship Associates (“RAs”). The Unit comprises two teams with RMs and/or RAs reporting to a Team Leader.
NB : The role is focused purely on the Multi National Client sector and competes with the Corporate divisions of local and international banks
Ongoing Client Sales and Service Delivery
- Daily client contact to further the client relationship strategy.
- Develop a close working relationship with Parent Account Managers, Regional Account Managers, Sectors, Product and Support teams (CitiService, ASU, Excon, TCS, CRMS, and Risk etc.) to facilitate best in class service and sales delivery.
- Reasonable understanding of the core TTS Product set, as well as familiarity with “vanilla” treasury products and ability to assist Product partners with preparation of proposals.
- Attend internal Coverage meetings and external client calls.
- Continuously develop a deeper understanding of clients, their industries, the application of banking solutions in that context, and a deeper understanding of relationship banking
- Understudy when the Team Leaders / RMs on leave / training
- Ensure that any potential incremental business is duly referred to RMs.
- Assist RM with marketing of customer events, call notes, client meetings and follow ups.
Documentation and FICA issues
- Develop a strong working relationship with Documentation, to follow up on outstanding items, including FICA and other document. Have the ability to negotiate non- standard legal documentation;
- Non Resident Rand Accounts Opening (liaise with HUB), as well as liaise with Imps and local account opening
- Assist with preparation and motivation of documentation deferrals.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Implementation process for TTS and FICC products. A good working knowledge of documentation requirements, to assist both Marketing and Implementation with accelerated deal closure and problem resolution
- Preliminary review on updated documentation received. Assisting clients to complete documentation correctly. Negotiate non-standard documentation with legal
- Double checking of maintenance on updated documentation submitted to Account Services Department
Administration and Control Partner
- Day to day portfolio management of the RM portfolio - It is expected of the RA to manage this independently and to highlight key risks and upcoming action items to the RM for their attention and actioning.
- Regularise Revenue Mapping.
- Serve as escalation point for service delivery issues as part of the relationship banking team.
- Initiate Roundtable client discussions with Customer Service.
- Continuity of Business’s processes and maintenance.
- Undertake specific administrative functions, including preparation of write-off memos, seek deferrals, Exceptional Approvals
- Work closely with RMs on executing key performance metrics (e.g. CRM updates, responses to monthly CRMS reports, compiling detail on e-tickets etc., liaising with GIRM on credit follow ups, RCSA feedback).
- Detailed level of knowledge of key bank systems, both to understand exposures and actions needed to resolve (CRM, CRI, GRR, Flexcube, Citivision, Orbiflow, e-Credit, eCADD )
- Completing of facility templates to be sent to PAMs (and / or Products) for facility increases in consultation with the RM.
- Have a strong understanding of MIFT procedures internally, to become co-repository of knowledge to assist with controlled processing of MIFT payments.
- Work closely with all RMs on AML issues and provide ongoing assistance with monitoring of Cash and unusual transactions (Completion of AIRS)
- Liase with Exchange Control clients in respect of cross border payment, documentation process, SARB dispensations.
- Have a core understanding of clients’ overall business in order to prepare a new Customer Acquisition Due Diligence (CADD), obtain info from clients and internally on renewals and work with Business Support Unit (BSU);
- Responsible for managing the process for the timeous application and renewal of CADDS
- Prepare Extending Unit Due Diligence Reports (EUDD) and track (and/or assist) upcoming CA’s or follow ups - Manage and diarise all important dates for tracking deferrals, CADD renewals and renewals of EUDD’s
- Excess Monitoring, TROP Reports and Approvals (obtain SSI’s from clients)
- Liase between product and card service team (CAS)
- Set up regular portfolio meetings with the RM to discuss the administration and control environment of the portfolio
- To manage the e-credit process to obtain approval for pay/No pay decision in order to allow excesses on accounts together with the monitoring of the regularization of excesses. Proactively work with PAM teams to ensure limits in place to reduce recurring OT’s
- Training of new staff (Grads, temps, interns);
- General liaison with all relevant internal operating environments like Treasury Ops, Trade Ops, Cash Ops, CRMS, Exchange Control, ASU and BSU. A development of a general understanding of these departments, their operating procedures and requirements, and the building of a workable network in these departments is critical.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of internal systems related to documentation (notably Citi Docs and Orbiflow).
- Internal work experience within Citibank essential.
- 2-5 years banking experience with solid knowledge of local environment, transactional banking, legal documentation and general banking is highly preferable
- Experience in working with teams to deliver agreed service standards.
- Basic to strong credit skills
- High level MS skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent English communication skills (written/spoken)
- Ability to interact/communicate effectively with both internal and external clients
- Foundation understanding of CTS and standard Treasury products
- Related University qualification – Bachelors / B.Comm degree
- Strong team player, given cross functional role
- Enthusiastic approach to understanding key bank systems and willingness to apply these on ongoing basis
- Enthusiastic and flexible with ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- High accountability and ownership
- Self confident, self motivated
- Ability to learn and develop to take on full RM responsibilities
- Strong time management.
- High tolerance for work pressure – perseverance and flexibility.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Respect for Compliance and Controls
- Commitment to learning.
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal development plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.