Product Manager (M/F/D)-18078579
- Product and Business Management of the Issuer Services business including PandL, risk management, product development and implementation of new capabilities.
- Management of local execution capabilities.
- Deal execution as required.
- Sourcing, management and retention of new and existing Issuer Services relationships and deals in conjunction with Sales and Banking partners.
- Maintenance and development of a strong local risk, control and governance environment.
Job Background / Context:
Issuer Services, part of ICG’s BCMA division, delivers scaled and bespoke administrative services in support of Debt and Equity Capital Market transactions, Loans and other forms of capital raising / deployment. Issuer Services is a global business with offices located in the U.S., Mexico, Brazil, UK, Ireland, Germany, Dubai, Kenya, Korea, Hong Kong, Italy, India, Nigeria and Singapore.
A Product Manager position is available within the Issuer Services (‘Issuer’) business located in Frankfurt, Germany. The successful applicant will have product and business management responsibilities for business and client activities within Germany. Additionally, they will support the broader Issuer Services CEP legal entity structure.
- Ownership of the local PandL including preparation of forecasts, updates and analyses.
- Identification and development of Country specific strategies and product developments.
- Close liaison / coordination with Issuer Services business and functional partners; Product Management, Sales, in-house Legal counsel, risk, technology, operations and compliance.
- Management / oversight of any Issuer Services front office and execution staff.
- Support the broader CEP Issuer Services Front Office team and business priorities.
- Proactive promotion of Issuer Services products - typically achieved through RM training and industry seminar presentations and other activities raising product and industry awareness.
- Establishment of strong relationships with internal and external deal influencers such as CGM, GSG, Citi relationship management teams, third party investment banks, law firms, IR firms, local stock exchange representatives and other market professionals.
- Coordination and support of sales activities including management of target-market concepts and implementation of a detailed sales plan.
- Act as a ‘trusted advisor’ to clients being fully conversant with Issuer Services products.
- Act as the eyes and ears of the Issuer Services business locally to ensure that market intelligence and service information is transferred back to the business.
- Travel to and engagement with Citi staff and external clients as required, including management of CSD relationship
- Representing the Issuer business at the monthly Branch Management meetings.
- Playing a leading role in the maintenance and development of client asset safeguarding approaches.
- The role will allow the individual to develop and enhance business, execution and sales management experience.
- The position will facilitate wide exposure to Corporate and Investment Banking products, leading to a robust understanding of transaction banking services, debt-financing techniques and capital markets generally.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to Issuer EMEA business strategy, providing a professional experience that is both transferable and highly marketable for future assignments within Citi.
- The candidate should have good understanding of the Issuer Services business, underlying products, markets / industry, clients and deal execution.
- A German speaker is a necessity.
- The candidate should possess very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills with specific emphasis on presentation, written client materials and PandL analysis.
- Ability to read and disseminate key information contained within complex transaction documents.
- Ability to self-start and to learn rapidly.
- Educated to Business degree level or equivalent.
- Ideally five years’ + of experience in an Issuer Services Front office environment, banking, transactional, and / or client facing experience
- Confident and polished client management skills are a must.
- Leadership and business management skills are also essential.
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of data and prioritize tasks and workflow accordingly.
- A self-starter, able to initiate and execute robust client dialogue.
- Ability to manage and lead teams.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.