CTSM Kuala Lumpur Financial Intelligence Unit Hub Head C15 Director-18077581
- Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including Consumer banking and credit, Corporate and Investment Banking, Securities Brokerage and Wealth Management. Citi's Operations account for a substantial proportion of the world’s currency movements and hence there is significant regulatory focus on the strength of our controls around Anti-Money Laundering.
- Citi recognizes that effective AML risk mitigation is critical and has set up a global network of hubs to support the same.The AML hub in Kuala Lumpur is one of the three strategic global hubs and the primary hub within Asia Pacific housing a broad spectrum of Citi AML activities. The Kuala Lumpur FIU Hub Head reports into the Regional FIU Head and is responsible for the mitigation of AML risk for all countries served out of the Kuala Lumpur hub, through the timely review of cases, escalation of unusual activity to the appropriate countries to facilitate the reporting of suspicious activity, where appropriate.
- Responsibilities of the Kuala Lumpur FIU include dispositioning automated cases following a Multi-Analyst Workflow Case Review model out of the Primary Hub; specifically i) Case drop management , ii) Case Review and disposition, iii) escalation to in-country FIU resources, and iv) escalation of potential issues to the regional FIU Head.
- Citi’s AML program is driven by expectations set by our primary regulator, the OCC. Fulfilling these regulatory requirements, as well as those set by country regulators around the globe, is our top priority. These priorities and the heightened regulatory scrutiny surrounding AML programs demand superior thought leadership and strategic planning in the design and implementation of our Global FIU program.
- The purpose of the role is to ensure that Citi operates within the strict regulatory regime prescribed for AML in all the countries served out of the hub. The Kuala Lumpur FIU Head manages over 700 staff and is responsible for an annual budget of $17MM. The successful candidate will be part of the global FIU hub leadership team to set the strategy for the FIU function and for executing the strategy in day-to-day production. The individual will be partnering with the other AML function leads in the hub (e.g., Quality Assurance, Procedures & Training, Project Management, Regional Business Office, KYC Operations, Scenario Management and Validation, Monitoring Risk Management) to implement initiatives to support Citi’s efforts to drive a best-in-class Global AML Program. This individual serves as a senior leader for Citi AML in the hub frequently interacts with the senior executive levels of regional business, Auditors and Regulators, the AML industry, academia, etc. The individual will also be a member of the KL CSC site leadership team and will represent the FIU Hub at the franchise (Citi Malaysia) lev
- Execute FIU Production to the strict standards specified by Citi's principal Regulators and per internal policies;
- Execute timely and with quality internal and regulatory commitments to include Consent Order requirements and other AML transformation initiatives impacting the FIU hub
- Effectively manage Operational Risk through the definition and application of a comprehensive end to end Controls framework for the work done in the hub
- Represent the AML function, as needed, in country GBRC as well as other regional and global committees and forums
- Meeting the financial budgets and productivity targets set for the function.
- Manage and influence relationships with Regional Business Heads in support of the FIU strategy
- Represent the AML function to our Auditors and Regulators and represent Citi in industry AML bodies Make decisions related to the FIU to ensure that Citi's reputation and franchise is protected
- Develop innovative solutions and apply effective problem solving to remove barriers and challenges to the effective execution of FIU priorities for the countries served
- Continue to develop one Citi AML organization and culture that develops our people and strengthens our culture of credible challenge, ethics, compliance and control
- Manage and optimize the staff resources for FIU, including leading the recruitment, development and retention efforts; load balance within the regional FIIU hub network
- Business degree, preferably at the MBA level
- 5+ years of Financial Crimes, AML Investigations, or Operational Risk experience
- 10+ years in direct managerial role in a production or operational environment with 3+ years of managing large teams
- 5+ years in senior managerial roles and experience of program management and managing regional or global functions
- Technology management experience is desirable given the enhanced and significant dependence on rolling out new systems and processes within a complex infrastructure and the Citi environment
- Experience should also include detailed knowledge and understanding of the multitude of bank products prevalent in the region. Experience with Compliance processes is highly preferable
- Highly developed risk management, people management, organizational, communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Think strategically and to work to deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of Citi’s AML Policies and Governing Standards
- Close interaction with IA and Compliance Testing with clear understanding of their methodologies and ability to drive engagement with all key stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of banking products
- Provide guidance on Strategic Change Management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed inter-personal skills
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to operate at the senior executive level and to combine strategic thinking with focused execution is required
- Solid leadership skills and ability to direct and motivate staff with integrity and ethics
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment collaborating across diverse groups
- Strong mentor, tutor, coach for the management staff
- Collaborate with site and business management in addressing identified opportunities through projects and initiatives
- Seasoned judgment to get balance in risk effectiveness versus efficiency is a key skill needed for this role
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to deal with confrontation and resolve conflict
- Self-Directed: Helps to be more effective with the volume of work and produce better quality of work by prioritizing work in a fast pace and high volume environment
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
Primary Location: APAC--MY-KL
Job Category: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time