Audit Manager (M/W/D)-18079070
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
Specifically, the primary role will be to provide audit assurance of compliance with German Regulatory requirements outlined in the Minimum Requirements for Risk Management (MaRisk), particularly those relating to market and credit risk as well as corporate policies and procedures. Product wise the role’s focus will be on Finance and Accounting following the requirements set out in USGAAP and German HGB, Taxes, and Regulatory Reporting as well as Global Markets products such as Sales and Trading of Equities, Fixed Income and FX as well as related derivatives and other financial instruments.
Close co-ordination with Internal Audit teams across Citi in accordance with a matrix responsibility and execution model is also required as is mandatory adherence to all Internal Audit policies and procedures.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Finance; Markets; Corporate and Investment Banking; project /program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and
- Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
The position offers subject matter expertise development opportunities within and across a broad array of functions and businesses. It also allows for exposure to senior management in various governance forums.
- Must have a recognized professional qualification (CA, CPA, CFA, CIA)
- University Degree in finance/economics as well as international financial services experience, including in-depth experience in audit.
- Must have a good understanding of operational risk management and control best practice across the financial services industry together with extensive knowledge of MaRisk, and a high degree of familiarity with financial sector regulation more generally. Should have a good level of knowledge of liability issues, the use of different legal vehicles standard documentation, and other legal risks.
- Proficient in auditing and validating models, including the requirements of key regulators.
- Good knowledge in understanding and developing risk metrics and reporting.
- Proficient understanding of what client sector information and fact patterns are leading indicators for changes in overall risk to a business.
- Expert understanding of decision making and approval for key issues and time sensitive decisions.
- Well-developed interpersonal and presentation skills; the candidate will have to interface with local external regulators and should have executive presence.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders and to lead teams of direct reports and in peer/influence models.
- Candidate must have proven experience in leading transformational change and in influencing geographically dispersed teams. Experience should have been gained in highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers.
- Candidate must have demonstrable career progression within bank/audit institutions; at least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Proven experience in understanding, dimensioning and mitigating risk in all aspects of an operating business across multiple countries.
- Candidate must have a very good knowledge of operations and control systems as well as an understanding of best-in-class audit methodologies. Must be proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts for a range of products and specialized areas and be skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating ‘horizon’ issues.
- Candidate must be a strong leader with a proven track record in managing teams.
- Candidate must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating audit results and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential.
- Candidate must be an articulate and effective communicator in English and German, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Candidate must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at a variety of levels in the organization, display highly effective networking and influencing skills and needs to be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer