Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high.
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
About Your Job:
Leads IT application architecture and solution design for assigned business units. Activities may involve requirements gathering including non-functional requirements, solution design reviews, interface control design & reviews, tech architecture reviews, unit test reviews, test scenario generation support, NFR testing and software delivery related quality assurance compliances. The role also plays a key role in identification and adoption of new technologies, tools and processes that will improve business automation and changing needs of the business units.
To Lead the systems architectures and solution design for assigned projects, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal divisional customers
- Contribute to and review Documentation of Functional Specifications, Interface Specifications and Non-Functional Requirements
- Liaise with external 3rd party suppliers, where required, and internal departments / IT teams to collaborate and design and implement robust interfaces between applications for effective integration
- Design & build IT solutions which are scalable, resilient and sustainable to address business requirements
- Assist to develop the UI / UX as per the business needs
- Proficient in UML, Prepare / Review High Level and Low Level Design artefacts, ensure adherence to QRIT Software Governance Integration (SGI) standards
- Responsible for development and unit testing for complex modules in case of bespoke development
- Ensure conduct of QA reviews and unit test case reviews for assigned applications
- Responsible for ensuring that all application Non-Functional Requirements are met, ensure thorough testing of NFRs and ensure corrective / preventive actions
- Responsible for solution design, methods and tools, including the technical aspects of configuration management methods, system security requirements, operational and maintenance aspects of solutions under development.
- Ensure quality control activities (including NFR testing) are carried out satisfactorily. Attends quality reviews as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates design activity, within a programme of change, acting as custodian of the solution designs for the entire technology stack.
- Takes responsibility for the technical integrity of solution designs, ensuring that common technical elements are recognised and that work is not unnecessarily duplicated.
- Supports in the development of service level agreements and any associated service guarantees.
- Assist in preparation and review of Release notes, prior to release of the application to Production
- Conduct root cause analysis of reported incidents in operational systems and ensure timely fixes
- Ensure that the solution reviews for the fixes, functionality is fully tested and then promoted following the software release management processes
- Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
- Keep abreast with any market trends and developments
- Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
- Train Qatari staff in various duties as per business requirements
- Ensure that any personal data obtained and processed is treated in accordance with data protection principles followed by the Group, as well as applicable Group policies and Procedures on data protection and information security.
- Consult the Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) office prior to making decisions on the processing, storage, retention and deletion of professional data with regards to responding to Subject Access Requests (SARs), conducting Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIAs) and identifying any personal data breach, if there is no policy or procedure that provides adequate guidance.
- Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude.
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
Qualification and Experience:
Qualification and Experience
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level.
- Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Mathematics / Sciences / Commerce/ relevant major.
- Degree / Honours / Masters in Engineering / Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience .
- 5 years in Software Development and Maintenance.
- 8+ years in Software development and maintenance, with key roles played in application design and production maintenance and support application performance management.
- Airline industry experience though not essential would be an added advantage.
Technical expertise required for this role: Technical experience required for the role
- Hands on knowledge in managing large and complex Tier ‘0’ application for airlines is a must, including application change release management, vendor management, SLA monitoring
- Expertise in monitoring airline applications, identifying issues and designing corrective and preventive solutions.
- Must have experience in team leading project development of more than 10 person year project size mainly in an airline domain.
- Must have hands on experience in designing and developing large airline systems for flight and crew operations management. Also its related interfaces and other ETL requirements.
- Expertise in designing IT applications using technologies like JEE, Spring, Hibernate, SOA and associated tools like Sonar, EA, Eclipse, Jenkins, Gradle.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Passport