Product Sales Specialist for Cross-Border Payments-18079420
Product Sales Specialist for Cross-Border Payments
Competitive Salary Offered
The role is strategically important to align with the renewed focus on increasing fee growth and capturing cross border, cross currency flows to create sustainable, annuity revenue in TTS. The role will also support the TTS and FXLM partnership, a collaboration designed to bring world class solutions to clients, building on Citi’s market leading FX expertise and TTS global network capabilities.
Combining the technical solutioning and selling skills of Product Sales, with the responsibility to assist client facing teams (TTS Solution Sales, Banking/GSG) with target identification and new business origination, this Sales Specialist role will work as part of the broader TTS Product Sales team and in close partnership with our FXLM colleagues. It will have a specific focus on capturing additional cross-border payments and receivables flows, leveraging our capabilities in this space including WorldLink and cross border funds transfers, and focusing on flow aggregators across client segments.
- Originate cross-border flow opportunities and grow pipeline through proactive target identification and client calling
- Meet or exceed a wins target set in line with the region’s and team’s goals, including meeting a “personally originated” wins goal
- Develop and convert target list of underpenetrated names to actively focus on with a “Hunting License” for growing new cross border payments business though unsolicited bids
- Lead cross-border payments deals which may be simple to complex in nature, through a disciplined and high quality sales process ensuring end-to-end completeness, including solutioning, proposals, client pitches and pricing negotiation, recommending innovative cash management solutions that meet the clients’ needs and objectives.
- Review account plans or other source data to identify sales opportunities, work with Sector Heads and Solution Sales to support TTS Sales origination
- Expand client contacts to non-traditional buying centers to grow pipeline and develop new, replicable solutions
- Meet all Sales Management goals and actively follow sales disciplines linked to pipeline and work flow management (CRM), Deal Review and Implementation Project Kick-Offs
- Lead and prepare client solutions and client sales closing presentations, collaborating with functional and regional partners, as needed
- Work with Implementations/Sales Account Managers/others to ensure deals won are implemented effectively and efficiently to ensure revenue realization and ramp-up
- Actively share with Market Management relevant new developments within the market and the competitive environment
- Attend regular team and sales management meetings to report on performance and to participate on a virtual Sales Specialist team/community across regions to share best practice
- Work with Banking for clients where no TTS Solution Sales is assigned to drive TTS Sales results
- Client facing experience and ability to execute transactions from idea generation, negotiating and closing
- Cash Management product knowledge and ability to develop cash management solutions
- Ability to identify cross-border flow aggregation opportunities
- Proven track record working in a TTS Sales environment
- Market and Industry knowledge and awareness
- Undergraduate Degree preferable
- Cash Management or FX certification preferable
- Experience working with global companies and diverse environments
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Effective sales and presentation skills
- CRM usage or experience (preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and flexibility to perform lead/support on key transactions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Forward looking strategic thinker with good judgment and a practical understanding of client / sales dynamics
- Creative, innovative, high energy with strong initiative
- Strong execution skills: thorough follow-through and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed, trusted team player
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing Date: 24 January 2019