The Client Account Officer (CAO) role primarily provides on-boarding assistance and expertise for new and existing client relationships. Facilitating aspects of on-boarding and some maintenance processes as needed across the EMEA region.
The role interacts with control functions such as Tax, AML Compliance, KYC and Account Opening teams coordinating timely account opening needs for clients.
CAO is tasked with reducing overall account opening cycle time by analysing and questioning process for potential improvement. Collecting feedback from bankers to understand and improve any pain points in the process.
Successful candidate must have KYC / Compliance experience with strong organizational skills. Must be able to work as part of a team and also independently with strong communication skills as expected to interact across business functions
The Citi Private Bank, one of the largest private banking businesses in the world, provides professional wealth management services for 26,000 clients globally, including a third of the world’s billionaires, operating in 60 offices in more than 30 countries.
The Citi Private Bank offers unmatched global reach, coupled with a full range of portfolio management and investment advisory services, an array of structured lending and banking services, as well as expertise from Citi's Markets and Banking division.
Citi Private Bank is dedicated to helping clients meet their financial needs and goals. We serve them as a true financial partner and trusted advisor. Our experienced professionals serve the needs of wealthy families, individuals, and entrepreneurs.
• Facilitate the opening of all new client accounts:
•Working closely with bankers, banker support teams and control functions to facilitate account opening; adhering to relevant policies, procedures and regulations for all CPB Global booking centres, with a specific focus on London, Jersey and Geneva.
•Preparation of documentation required to open each type of account and subsequent receipt, processing including data input, scanning and filing of returned documents
•Building KYC profiles based upon information provided by the banker or client and related account parties (e.g. client advisor)
•Perform all necessary background checks, e.g. CSS, Factiva, internet.
•Review of completed profiles with the banker prior to submission
• CAO must carry out maintenance tasks such as reviewing and clearing name screening cases on a daily basis.
• Process account changes for the client including; change of address, adding additional owners and document renewals
• Direct client contact, limited to the extent necessary to perform account opening/maintenance activity
• Ensure familiarity with systems, process and policies, including system testing and raising process improvement requests
• Develop personal learning through internal courses and external qualifications
• Complete all tasks in line with CAO Scorecard.
• Engage in process improvement initiatives on an ad-hoc basis
• The role provides direct experience of working with Private Bankers and clients to service the documentation needs of both client and bank. This allows for personal progression in the understanding of regulatory requirements and internal documentation processing while providing exposure to a number of related areas including, Transaction Support, Quality Assurance and Direct Sales Administration which will offer scope for learning and progression.
• Acquire knowledge of regulatory and other external developments in Compliance, KYC, Tax requirements for purposes of client acceptance.
• Proven experience in Account Opening, Investment Funds, Trusts and PIC’s for High Net Worth (HNW) clients essential
• Knowledge of KYC, Compliance and Client Structures advantageous
• Experience within the Wealth Management / Private Banking sector advantageous
• Working knowledge of AML regulations and policies advantageous
• Strong IT skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail
• Analytical approach
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal in multiple languages as required by office location
• Able to summarise data in a concise way
• Use initiative to solve problems
• Managing high workload and dealing with internal requests diplomatically.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Preferably degree educated, however, exceptional candidates who do not meet this criteria may be considered provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Attention to Detail
• Communication Skills
• Relationship Building
• Risk Awareness
• Teamwork Skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
|Location:||United Kingdom London|
Banking and Financial Services
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.