Overview of Citi:
Citi has had a presence in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. As the No.1
Corporate and Investment bank in Ireland, Citi led all of the major financing for aviation leasing clients in 2016 in Ireland,
which is a global aviation leasing hub. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and
is Citi’s single EU-passported bank, with operations in 21 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the
European Central Bank with a long-term rating “A” by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by
Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private
Banking and Consumer. As of 2016, Citibank Europe has a net income of US$852 million, over 9,000 employees and
more than 60% of these working in the Citi Service Centres.
Citi Futures, Clearing and Collateral Technology supports a rapidly growing business with a high degree of change.
The successful candidate will cover development for an application stack comprising in-house and vendor developed
technologies, as well as being a stakeholder in the surrounding eco-system including exchange connectivity, risk
management, middle office / allocations functionality, SWIFT/payments, margins, custody etc.
This is a technical, high profile role. The candidate will be required to have strong software development lifecycle
experience together with a strong Java / Web background.
Experience with multiple languages and development styles will be a benefit.
The candidate will work as part of a team of 10-15 members, and will be expected to perform all aspects of the software
development life cycle (lightweight project management, analysis, discussing with product owners, software design,
coding, testing and release).
The candidate should be capable of working independently, reporting directly to business stakeholders and interfacing
with associated technology groups without constant/direct supervision.
• Strong Core Java experience
• Test Driven Development
• Web libraries (jquery/bootstrap, Angular etc)
• Spring (beans, integration, jdbc)
• Messaging (Tibco EMS and/or ActiveMQ)
• Data warehousing and formal database design
• Experience of Futures/OTCC or Capital Markets order lifecycle in general
• Practical experience in analysis/design/implementation of successful projects in the Futures back/middle office area
• Cloud-ready application design
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Flexible communication style for multi-geography stakeholder groups
• Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
• Quickly grasp/master new requirements and related knowledge
• Manage tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
• Ability to learn/understand technical implications of system design
• Team player in solid/matrix reporting organizations
• Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, take ownership and drive strategy
• Educated to degree standard preferable
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary
skills and experience
What we offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
· Competitive paid annual leave
· A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
· Life assurance cover
· Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
· Citi also supports a further education policy
· Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related
· Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
· Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant,
coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation
in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a
Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary
skills and experience.