Senior Compliance Analyst-19000686
AML proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. AML sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. AML is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
Support underlying businesses, technology, operations, legal and risk in developing the AML Monitoring programme within Citi AML for EMEA, including regional execution of globally-mandated regulatory Consent Order projects.
- Represent Compliance on projects to enhance transaction monitoring coverage or fix transaction monitoring issues
- Provide sound AML risk-based guidance and direction to stakeholders in transaction monitoring projects
- Review analytical output from specialist teams of statisticians to select risk-appropriate thresholds and tools for transaction monitoring
- Understand statistical approaches used when profiling large data sets in order to effectively provide guidance and challenge to specialist teams of statisticians when appropriate.
- Explain threshold and statistical tool selection choices in risk management terms to all levels of stakeholder, including senior management and those with a non-statistical background.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with partners in the AML process, including those in technology, optimisation, compliance and business disciplines
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends and best practices
- Good numeracy demonstrated by a university degree in a mathematical or scientific discipline.
- ACAMS or ICA certification or diploma.
- Good knowledge of banking systems and products.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A critical and analytical mind with the tenacity to identify and address the underlying roots of challenges and issues.
- Confidence to raise challenging questions and concerns when necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Ability to present information in a concise and effective manner to senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work efficiently within the team and wider in the organization in multiple locations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team on multiple tasks.