Junior lawyer for the EMEA Funds Services and Depositary business.
- The EMEA Legal Division is a critical part of the Citi organisation.
- The Funds Services business offers a range of fund services to traditional and exchange traded funds, e.g.:
- Fund Accounting;
- Transfer Agency;
- Depositary Services;
- Passive Currency Overlay Services - Share Class and Portfolio
- Hedging relate Services; and
FATCA, CRS and Compliance Monitoring Services.
- The Depositary business offers regulated cash and securities monitoring and compliance and oversight services, as well as trustee services to regulated funds.
- Supporting the Senior Funds Lawyer.
- Management of legal and regulatory risk inherent in the Fund Services and Depositary businesses
- Providing the business with transparency on open work matters, working with the business to prioritise such
- Identifying risks inherent in the business and working with colleagues to mitigate such
- Supporting the Senior Funds Lawyer on all EMEA product development matters and for EMEA related product development and initiatives
- Negotiation of documentation with key clients
“relationship lawyer” for key clients
- FX related issues including product development and regulatory issues
- Regulatory analysis and implementation including UCITS, AIFMD, CASS, CSDR, GDPR, MiFID II, as well as BREXIT support
- Escalating all legal and regulatory issues to the Senior Funds Lawyer, and supporting that person in discharging their responsibilities as outlined above
- This role within has a real focus on regulatory acumen and detailed knowledge of the funds industry across a number of EU and offshore jurisdictions.
- The role is technically challenging and will suit a person looking for significant personal development, as a funds specialist.
- Experience as an in house lawyer preferable
- Private practice with strong product knowledge will be considered
- Business-minded intelligence
- Excellent technical skills (including drafting skills), and analytical ability.
- Strong business judgement and commercial awareness.
- Collegiality and versatility
- Team and leadership skills
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard and will have obtained an appropriate legal qualification. In addition, the candidate should be well versed in financial markets law and regulation
- EU funds law abilities
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to meet commercial objectives in a dynamic business environment.
- Good communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (across different functions and locations) and to proactively take individual responsibility for projects.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Credible in front of senior management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer