Regulatory Finance Coordinator (M/F/D)-19000925
- Key position within the German Finance Team supporting all entities in-country, including the newly created Broker/Dealer entity
- The Finance Reporting Senior Manager works closely with in-country and Regional Senior Management, and all key stakeholders locally and at international level.
- Strong expertise in understanding the bank and broker dealer infrastructure and their Business drivers, as well as relevant regulatory requirements
- Be the liaison with the Regulators and external agencies as well as interface with internal and external auditors.
This is a newly created role within the German Finance function that is increasing its complexity with a Broker Dealer entity trading with a wide range of Markets Products, and with Branches of European and non-European Banks.
The chain of ownership of these entities adds to the complexity of the role, driven by the need to comply with German Regulators as well as the home regulators of the entities that include the UK and European Supervisory Authorities.
The key success factor of the role is the ability to have a high level of understanding of the regulatory requirements as applied to the various legal entities, to manage the requirements effectively and establish a positive relationship with the various Regulators.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of Finance’s relationship with the German regulators
- Provision of regular updates on regulatory matters to CGME’s Governance process (Supervisory Board, Management Board and sub-committees)
- Management of Finance regulatory deliverables outside of standard BAU regulatory reporting (e.g. query management / ad hoc requests);
- Management and oversight of significant annual regulatory initiatives and reviews, which include ICAAP and SREP, Pillar 3, Recovery and Resolution Planning, Regulatory Inspections, strategic planning
- Oversight of Finance’s review of New Product Memos (NPAC/PRC);
- Oversight of new regulatory rules and requirements, assessment of their impact on the franchise and monitoring of their implementation;
- Management of ad-hoc regulatory and external agencies requirements as required.
- Strong Finance professional with technical regulatory knowledge and experience in the Finance organisation within Citi
- Familiarity with Risk Management processes and advanced risk management methodologies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German. Communication in German is essential to talk to the German regulator
- Long standing experience in dealing with regulator
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people across different functions and levels of seniority
- Good organisational skills – ability to meet reporting and project deadlines
- Proven team and staff management skills
- Good presentation skills
- A finance professional with extensive years of experience (10+)
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, beneficial
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Self motivated and ability to both directly manage teams and co-ordinate across functions
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Professional approach to work
- Good team player
- Professional communication/interpersonal skills at all levels
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.