IPB Portfolio Counselor-19000669
As a Portfolio Counselor, you will be working with the Relationship Managers to provide financial solutions to our top offshore clients.
- This job has a broad scope, from analyzing and optimizing the investment portfolio, working together with the Investment Product teams, to working with the Relationship Managers in providing financial solutions to our top offshore clients.
- You will monitor developments in the markets closely, conducting research on new investment solutions, opportunities and ideas, and keeping Relationship Managers and their clients updated on the financial markets and their portfolios. This could also entail producing sales advisory reports, writing of investment education client materials and scripts on investment outlook and positioning and being involved with sales advisory tools.
- You will also assist clients to make objective decisions on portfolio investments and asset allocation, articulating the bank’s latest investment views and themes.
- You should be familiar with the different financial instruments including but not limited to currency, commodities, equities, fixed income, interest rates, loans, margin, options, private equity funds and mutual funds.
- As an advisor of clients’ wealth, you will need to advise clients on wealth succession strategies using instruments such as trust, will, private investment companies and jumbo insurance.
- You will be responsible for achieving a high level of client satisfaction.
- In addition, you may be required to provide investment/portfolio related coaching and presentations to relationship managers and clients. This may include weekly informal updates and occasional formal presentations to a large audience.
- Minimum 5-10 years of banking experience
- Preferably at least 2 years of frontline wealth and advisory experience in managing clients
- A recognized university degree in any field
- CFA and/or post graduate degree in Economics, Investments or Finance will be an added advantage
- Business proficiency in another relevant market language besides English will be a strong advantage
- Must understand asset allocation process and be familiar with banking products
- Good working knowledge of economics and market news
- Experience/knowledge of structured products and derivatives is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with drive and initiative and eagerness to learn
- Excellent team skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels
- Mature disposition with the ability to persist and convert an idea/opportunity into business