Portfolio Manager eMarketplace-18073604
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
At Citi, we strive to meet our strategic purpose of delivering remarkable experiences to our clients. To achieve this we need to ensure we are delivering robust portfolio management initiatives that not only enrich the customer experience, but deliver on key card usage and retention targets.
The core focus of the Portfolio Manager – eMarketplace is to manage the implementation, and ongoing ownership, of the eMarketplace platform which is designed to drive merchant and customer engagement across all credit card portfolios.
Portfolio Management – eMarketplace:
- Work closely with Regional stakeholders and manage the implementation of the eMarketplace platform into Australia for Citi and partner cards
- Develop and execute overall eMarketplace strategy in collaboration with internal (product, DM etc.) and external (partners etc.) stakeholders
- Conduct profitability assessments on offers by portfolio to forecast return on investment before commencing marketing campaigns
- Manage the creation and portfolio segmentation for all communications relating to eMarketplace - including working with Decision Management, Creative Agencies and other stakeholders
- Work with decision management to develop trigger based strategic initiatives relating to eMarketplace and develop digital communications plan, to drive engagement and loyalty
- Collaborate with other members of Usage & Retention to drive consistency in messaging communicated across the customer lifecycle
- Analyse spend data and develop strategies (short and long term) to refine campaign segmentation and/or creative to deliver stronger performance based on data driven decision making
- Manage the eMarketplace budget and meet all reporting deadlines
- Help manage the monthly accrual process, review budget vs. actual, manage monthly variances and ensure ongoing optimisation of budget allocations
- Prepare briefs detailing eMarketplace initiatives including marketing strategy, target audience, creative execution, timing, offer, test objectives, projected profits and breakeven, etc.
- Analyse existing data trends and work with Decision Management on data modelling and segmentation to improve performance and response rate of eMarketplace initiatives
- Manage all end to end eMarketplace processes, including fulfilment, and conduct regular reviews to identify opportunities for optimization/simplification
Risk and Stakeholder Management:
- Successfully manage external relationships including Visa and MasterCard, Advertising Agencies, Mail House and internal relations including PR, Corporate Affairs, Product Management, Decision Management, Risk, CitiPhone, Telesales, Customer Experience, Digital and Technology to ensure efficient management of eMarketplace processes
Reporting and MIS:
- Monthly results tracking for each campaign and overall portfolio metrics across channels with circulation of results to relevant stakeholders
- Develop deep-level understanding on all metrics relating to eMarketplace performance and create summary view for senior management
Research and competitor analysis:
- Monitor competitor activity in relation to eMarketplace. Utilise CVP services such as Your Events Online to review Engagement and Portfolio communications and offers
- Utilise internal research team to continuously obtain insights into eMarketplace engagement and usage for ongoing improvements to drive stronger responses from customers
- Tertiary education required – degrees in marketing and communications would be well regarded
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in product or marketing preferably in the finance/technology industry
- Energy, enthusiasm and excellent communications skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to handle frequent changes and adapt to change
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
As one good deed deserves another, if the person you refer successfully completes their probation, Citi will say thanks by giving you a cash bonus of between $1,500 and $5,000* (depending on the job level). It’s not always easy to find the right people for our organisation, but we're hoping you may know someone who would be a great fit!
*Please note eligibility criteria apply.
For full details on the Employee Referral Program, including eligibility and process please refer to our Employee Referral Program Policy on Citi for You.