Our vision is to become the leading provider of jet aircraft charter services together with premier aircraft management, maintenance and handling services in the Middle East and around the world.
To be part of this exceptional team we believe in recruiting the finest experienced crew worldwide with extraordinary potential and commitment. With us service excellence is a way of life. WE want to hear from you if you believe you have what it takes to be a part of this elite team.
About Your Job:
As a Licensed Aircraft Engineer Level II you will ensure that full serviceability and airworthiness of the assigned Qatar Executive aircraft at any time.
You will also provide full support to the Lead Engineers / Management to perform any scheduled or unscheduled task which is required as per the approved maintenance documentation to ensure fulltime aircraft availability and highest standards possible in line with company procedures, policies and authority regulations.
- Be part of the flying crew and assist with any upcoming defects in flight and ensure continuous serviceability of the aircraft.
- Ensure assigned aircraft is in the best possible condition prior to every flight by making certain the appearance of the assigned aircraft exterior and interior is exceptionally clean and welcoming to Qatar Executive clients and by being a focal point for the flight crew for all technical issues related to the assigned aircraft.
- Rectify aircraft defects as per the priorities defined by the Lead Engineers or Management to ensure the maximum aircraft availability and serviceability.
- Proactively find solutions under supervision of the Lead Engineer for defects to ensure efficient resolution while adhering to both regulatory and company policies and standards.
- Report any discrepancies on the aircraft which may affect the serviceability or safety to the responsible Lead Engineer in charge.
- Perform required maintenance tasks and checks in line with the aircraft AMP and Regulations with the highest standard given.
- Support the Lead Engineers by proposing improvements to optimize equipment, procedures or processes.
- Provide support in AOG to recover the aircraft as quick as possible to continue operation.
- Plan and carry out all maintenance activities effectively by organizing all required tooling, material and support to complete the task within the agreed time frame. Ensure all maintenance activities on the assigned aircraft are conducted in strict accordance with the technical documentation provided.
- Troubleshoot the cause of aircraft defects and resolve those defects in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that any task performed is fully in compliance with the company procedures, policies and authority regulations.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Stakeholder Management
- Work together with Engineering to find solutions to defects and/or problems affecting the operation of the aircraft.
- Provide guidance and/or on the job training for up to 5 technicians and mechanics.
- Provide specialist support, as required, to Part-M Manager.
- Management & Leadership
- Supervise a team of mechanics to ensure that the aircraft availability and reliability targets are met and, if possible, surpassed.
- Encourage and motivate a team of specialists to perform the task at hand.
- Oversee and supervise employees directly and indirectly direct daily activities, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance or Trade or vocational aircraft maintenance qualification or Degree (B.Eng., BSc) or equivalent in aircraft engineering
- Holds minimum 1 full QR/QE main fleet ICAO/QCAA license and approvals
- External: Minimum of 5 years of job related aircraft certifying experience.
- Internal: Minimum of 1 year job related aircraft certifying experience as EN.01
Job Specific Skills:
- In depth knowledge of aircraft maintenance fundamentals appropriate to his area of employment.
- Sound knowledge of air legislation.
- Ability to make clear, rational decisions under pressure.
- Capable of determining the most appropriate tool(s) and equipment to perform the task at hand.
- Sound knowledge of aircraft defects with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented to ensure very high standards of aircraft serviceability and appearance.
- Ability to read gauges and instruments to determine correct system function.
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team.
- Practical outlook to determine most suitable solution.
- Read, understand and implement instructions from technical manuals and documents.
- Good communication skills particularly in written and spoken English.
- Professional manner for interaction with high level positions.
- Good communications, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Conversant with MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure.
Private Fleet Aircraft:
- B747-8 (GenX)
- A320 Fam (CFM56)
- A320 Fam (V2500)
- A340-200/300 (CFM56)
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Aircraft Maintenance License (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)
3. Copy of Company Authorisation/Approval (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)
4. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
5. Copy of Training Certificates