Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Are you a customer advocate through and through, with a passion for digital marketing and digital innovation?
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading issuer of commercial payment solutions to small, medium and large businesses globally, and is one of the fastest growing business units at American Express.
This opportunity sits within the Customer Marketing team. The team is responsible for on-going engagement with our Small Business and Corporate customers and to drive profitable portfolio growth.
This Assistant Manager, Digital Engagement & Capabilities position will support the Marketing Manager, Customer Marketing and together will work to drive effective engagement with our Card Members with a specific focus on digital channel optimisation and digital capabilities.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and deploying aspects of the Customer Marketing strategy including:
- Responsible for website optimisation and on-going management, including project managing a website migration.
- Responsible for optimising usage of core digital tools, such as Online Account, Digital Offer Ecosystem (DOE), AMEX App, Digital wallets, AMEX Maps, @ Work, including establishing and coordinating a calendar of activity across the wider team.
- Responsible for owning relationships and effective collaboration with various internal central, technology and other enterprise colleagues in support of digital capabilities and enhancement projects (COMET, e-apply).
- Digital project execution including campaign setup, tracking and analysis of campaign activity, and development of insights to improve future activity.
- Project management of the development, testing and implementation of a new incentive automation project using BOT technology.
- Reporting on all monthly digital tools performance and key engagement diagnostic metrics.
- Understanding operational and marketing capabilities to ensure compliance with American Express standards.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications
The role requires three distinct capabilities:
- Technical / digital skills and experience. Specifically, experience in website optimisation and tracking is essential, including tagging, reporting, vanity management, URL and query string tracking and working with vendors to marry digital tracking to internal tracking.
- Project management – ability to concurrently manage multiple projects to completion following clear timelines and project steps. Project management skills are essential, requiring a well organised, highly efficient and effective applicant.
- Stakeholder management – there are multiple projects and multiple stakeholders involved in each project. This requires the ability to liaise with and coordinate actions involving stakeholders, obtaining key approvals and progressing projects with all stakeholder interests and objectives catered to. Stakeholders include Product, Compliance, Global Technical Delivery, Sales and Account Development and external vendors.
Additionally, the role requires the following:
- Tertiary qualified
- Solid proven and demonstrable digital marketing experience
- Experience in website IA, UX & management, website analytics and content development
- Strong focus on analytical and data-driven campaign reporting with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel and website analytics (ideally Adobe Analytics)
- Experience and strength in creating and executing digital campaigns to drive results
- Customer advocate with strong influencing skills – ability to take ownership and achieve results in areas outside direct control
- Dynamic, positive and energetic attitude and work ethic
- Be a self-starter with lots of initiative and a proven drive to get things done.
Along with having the above criteria, as the successful applicant you will have experience and understanding in working on or launching websites and technical platforms. Experience in Search will be of relevance provided the technical, project management and stakeholder liaison experience can be shown.
You will therefore have strong technical capabilities and experience, however you must also have good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact across different teams and interest groups to achieve the project goals.
The over-riding focus is on driving innovation and optimisation of the digital channels and capabilities used by the Customer Marketing team to drive engagement and growth from our customer base, and therefore experience in managing complex projects in a technical environment will be essential.