Job Description - Assistant Manager Underwriting Services, RBB (0000CFU3)
Assistant Manager Underwriting Services, RBB : 0000CFU3
Some careers grow faster than others. If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are now inviting qualified individuals to join the Credit Control Services – Underwriting Services team in the role of Assistant Manager Underwriting Services, RBB. Role Purpose: To actively support RBWM in managing all credit and risk related aspects in Retail Business Banking (RBB) with specific responsibility for ensuring HBMY/HBMS credit plan and objectives are met via implementation of financing guidelines by developing and maintaining credit structures that achieve manageable level of credit risk as well as in early identification of potential non-performing advances so as to maximize profitability and minimize losses for the Bank. Principal Responsibilities:
- Evaluate applications for all RBWM Retail Business Banking products. Assessing the credit risk of applications by subjecting all applications to a stringent verification process for better control and quality.
- Ensure proper application of credit scoring system with sound analysis and critical evaluation of all Retail Business Banking loan applications – maintain good balance between prudent risk management and business growth.
- Ensure timely and independent evaluation of Retail Business Banking loans for better customer service without compromising risk.
- Conscious effort to protect asset quality to meet NBD for RBWM Retail Business Banking products and delinquency target in accordance with Annual Operating Plan (AOP) / Rolling Operating Plan (ROP).
- Provide coaching and guidance on credit related matters and periodic meetings with stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement to support policy review, workflow and systems such as AAPS, Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) and scorecard to enhance quality of decisions.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum five years of banking experience at executive level with at least one year exposure in corporate/commercial banking.
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications.
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level.
- Professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
- Understanding of the Group global strategies and collaborates with the business to accomplish these strategies.
Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally.
- Ability to form effective relationships and exercise influence at senior level of the organization.
- Demonstrate business knowledge, such as leading a P&L unit.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Established financial and accounting acumen.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.
: Retail / Branch Banking
: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Lumpur
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 28-Jan-2019, 14:37:12
: 27-Feb-2019, 23:59:00