Job Description - Manager Regulatory Affairs and Policy MENAT (UAE Nationals Only) (0000CH2E)
Manager Regulatory Affairs and Policy MENAT (UAE Nationals Only) : 0000CH2E
UAE Nationals Only Manager Regulatory Affairs & Policy - MENAT HSBC Tower, Dubai, United Arab Emirates About HSBC HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 67countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams. Role Purpose: Regulatory Affairs & Policy (RAP) roles ensure the effective management of dealings with regulators, regulatory developments affecting the Bank, or in development and implementation of Regulatory Compliance (RC) policy. Early identification and assessment of regulatory developments and their potential impact to the bank is a key activity. Roles & responsibilities: The role holder will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Regulatory Engagement: Provide support to the Regulatory Affairs and Policy Team to ensure that the UAE and the Region maintains a comprehensive record of all material regulatory engagements in respect of Regulatory Compliance (RC). “Regulatory Engagement” for these purposes includes meetings, visits, reviews, thematic work, investigations, enforcement activities, reporting, information provision, correspondence and similar, and whether of a regular, recurring or ad hoc nature.
- Ensure good quality ENGAGE records are maintained by the region by conducting monthly quality testing.
- Act as an SME in respect of RC lead on regulatory engagement, ensuring that HSBC MENAT maintains full oversight of all relevant engagement with the bank’s most significant regulators. “Regulatory Engagement” for these purposes includes meetings, visits, reviews, thematic work, investigations, enforcement activities, reporting, information provision, correspondence and similar and whether of a regular, recurring or ad hoc nature.
- Ensure that the respective Regulators’ agendas and requirements are understood, communicated and met, with the intention of there being “no surprises” in HSBC engagement with the local regulators.
- Monitor regulatory engagement trends of regulators and provide updates, reporting and guidance as appropriate / required.
- Where requested counsel senior management on engaging with regulators and provide specialist expert support on Regulatory Engagement.
- Be a subject matter expert within the Compliance function in managing the engagement with regulators.
- In conjunction with the Head of RC/Head of RAP support relevant management in their engagement with the country’s material regulators, including preparation of Briefing Notes and attendance at meetings as and when required.
- Arrange the logistics in respect of regulatory engagements as required e.g. setting up audio / video conference calls, booking meeting rooms, registering external guests, chasing agendas, distributing meeting papers etc.
- Regulatory Development: Identification and oversight of material compliance “upstream” and “downstream” regulatory developments, supporting UAE and MENAT to address regulatory change. This includes responding to Consultation Papers.
- Provide a forward looking analysis of the regulatory framework.
- Independently manage the dissemination of UAE regulatory developments (CB Inbox, website).
- Assist the Regulatory Affairs team to develop structured and consistent methodologies to identify, assess, report on and respond to regulatory developments in the region.
- Policy Governance: Assist in implementing and managing the infrastructure to support the development and maintenance of RC policy and associated documents at a country level as a result of amendments/updates in the Group’s Global Standards Manual and RC owned FIMs.
- Discharge the relevant accountabilities as set out in the Group Standards Manual and Compliance FIM.
- Assist in various RAP and RC projects.
- Provide an oversight of regulatory affairs in MENAT.
- Support Regulatory Compliance functions in managing compliance and reputational issues in MENAT.
- Support in answering ad-hoc requests and in generating MI and reports.
- Manage interactions with UAE regulators and support in various engagements with UAE regulators.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of UAE local regulatory requirements.
- Clear written and oral English and Arabic (Arabic is mandatory)
- Good knowledge of regulatory compliance risks and industry best practice
- Good Understanding of banking activities
- Effective communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Ability to understand regulations and provide a high level impact assessment thereof.
HSBC’s Global Functions (GF) play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses and offer a broad range of career opportunities in areas from legal, risk and finance to human resources, sustainability, marketing and communications. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputation. For more information visit http://www.hsbc.com/careers/explore-our-business
Why HSBC? We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits. What to expect at HSBC
- The chance to realise your ambitions
- Globally connected careers
- A strong emphasis on values
- Learning and development opportunities
- An inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips http://www.hsbc.com/careers
: Legal & Compliance
: Middle East-United Arab Emirates-Dubai-UAE
: Day JobType of Vacancy : Region vacancy
: 28-Jan-2019, 13:24:20
: 12-Feb-2019, 07:59:00