Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi’s Emerging Market Strategy team is seeking a motivated Strategist to cover Latin American FX and local fixed income markets. The position will report to the Head of Emerging Market Strategy. The strategist will work closely with other members within the Strategy team in different geographies and products, Citi Economics, and the sales and trading desk based in New York, as well as outside clients on the real money and hedge fund side. The strategist will gain visibility quickly through trade ideas, publications and internal and external interactions.
Citi Research focuses on delivering the highest quality company, sector, economic and geographic insights to our clients globally. The unit includes equity and fixed income research, economic and market analysis and product-specific analysis to help individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace. Citi Research is committed to maintaining the highest level of independence and objectivity in its proprietary products and insights.
• The strategist is responsible for formulating views and generating trade ideas in Latin American FX and fixed income markets, through a combination of global and domestic macroeconomic trends, quantitative modelling, market technicals, and local politics.
• Solid quantitative, statistical and data skills are a must, as is the ability to communicate well, both written and orally.
• 3 to 5 years of experience covering Latin American capital markets in a strategy/trading capacity, with a solid understanding of FX and fixed income products/bond math.
• Aptitude for working with large amounts of data and proficiency with programming languages such as Python, R and Matlab.
• Firm grasp of macroeconomics, with knowledge of econometrics is a plus.
• Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills in English and preferably Spanish or Portuguese.
• Avid interest in global macro beyond local market dynamics.
• Methodical approach and strong organisational capabilities.
• Good interpersonal skills and proven team player. Possess a positive attitude, drive and initiative; ability to work with trading, sales and other research colleagues.
• Bachelor’s or master degree in Economics, Finance, Quantitative Finance or a related field.
• Track record of acting with integrity and in full compliance with rules and regulations.
|Location:||United States New York New York|
Banking and Financial Services
Research and Fellowships
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.