CEP Markets Business Analyst-19004076
Citi has been present in Ireland since 1965 and was one of the first foreign banks to open an office here. Citibank Europe has been Head Quartered in Dublin since January 2016 and is Citi’s single EU-passported bank, with operations in 22 countries across the EMEA region and is regulated by the European Central Bank with a long-term rating “A” by all three primary Rating Agencies. The businesses covered by Citibank Europe include Markets and Securities Services, Corporate Banking, Trade and Treasury Solutions, Private Banking and Consumer.
The team’s role is to support the Head of Markets in the development and oversight of the Markets Business in Citi Europe plc. The team is critical to the build out of Markets products on CEP. Given the increasing industry and regulatory focus, this role is essential in helping to maintain a robust control environment and governance framework across multiple desks and businesses. CEP Markets business has a diverse range of markets desks and businesses including FXLM, G10 Rates, G10 Markets Treasury and Global Spread Products. These businesses are primarily located in London but a significant portion is located across our European branches.
The role is to assist the Head of Markets to enable business growth through maintaining a sound control environment, facilitating new business initiatives, product expansion and driving technology change within the business and will cover a range of identified opportunities in Sales, Trading and Technology. Due to the scale of responsibilities, the successful candidate will be a flexible, results oriented individual with the ability to deal with ambiguity and a diverse range of businesses, information and personalities. The role demands a strong work ethic, analytical problem solving, innovation, technical acumen and a “Can Do” attitude. The person should have a high level of integrity to deal with highly confidential data and be able to demonstrate initiative and leadership to deliver expected levels of performance. Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills will be required as you will be operating within the fast paced Capital Markets Business.
This role requires extensive liaison with multiple functions within the business and support functions at all levels, including Market Risk, Credit Risk, Finance, Operations and Technology as well as liaison with other Markets Businesses in the region.
- Support the Head of Markets in business management activities including financial reviews, strategic initiatives, oversight and governance and daily operational requirements. Liaise with Markets businesses heads, support functions building senior level relationships with credit risk, market risk, operations, finance and technology to develop and deliver on business strategy. Create and Provide effective metrics to stakeholders and senior management teams. Other ad hoc administration tasks that support the activities of the business including PowerPoint presentations and excel analysis.
- Management Reporting: Work on the collation, analysis and generation of management information reporting across CEP Markets businesses, including monthly Markets Oversight and Governance meeting, Management Committee monthly reports, as well as regional monthly operational reporting and quarterly reports for the Board of CEP,
- Markets Governance: Coordinate the Markets Operational Risk reporting, and ensure new governance policies are incorporated into oversight procedures and operate in line with the objectives of both the CEP and Global Markets Governance Standards. Coordinate with markets business management all headcount analysis and reporting for the CEP Markets business.
- Foster excellent relationships between the businesses and various support functions.
- The role requires excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationship with key senior partners.
- Communicate (written and oral) information within and between the businesses and support functions.
- Communicate effectively within the business management teams locally.
- Risk and Controls: Act as support to the Head of Markets analyzing all elements of Operation, Market, Liquidity, Credit, Inter affiliate and Conduct risks including quarterly reporting to seniors on emerging risks for CEP Markets.
- Point of contact for project management and presentations and meeting/committee support.
- Work with Markets business management in London and Belfast to ensure customer onboarding approvals are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage tactical and strategic initiatives such as approval of new products for CEP MSS.
- Drive best practices through an innovative and proactive approach to optimize reporting processes.
What we Offer
- Develop a detailed understanding of the CEP Markets businesses, its products and processes and how it operates within a large organization
- Build effective prioritization skills as the job entails dealing with multiple conflicting priorities in a time pressured environment
- Grow a wide network across both the markets business and support functions to foster collaboration and learning
- Senior Management exposure
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity for future career progression within the regional MSS business
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- Competitive paid annual leave
- A non-contributory pension scheme with strong employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Citi fully covers medical insurance for all employees with generous day to day benefits as well as hospital cover
- Citi also supports a further education policy
- Wellness program - on site Occupational Health Centre plus a series of informative talks on topical health related subjects
- Tax Saver and Bike to Work Schemes
- Opportunity to work in a flexible environment where the business can support
At Citi, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including an on-site restaurant, coffee dock and shop, a subsidised gym and subsidised social clubs and societies.
Citi boasts a large diversity framework and network which encourages inclusion in the workforce as well as participation in a wide variety of initiatives and events. We also pride ourselves on our engagement with the local community from a Corporate Social Responsibility perspective.
Citi offers employees a competitive benefits package as well as extra additional perks such as corporate discounts and memberships.
- Excellent academic background educated to a minimum of degree level or sufficient industry experience
- Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organizational levels.
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritize effectively and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously.
- High level of computer literacy especially in the Microsoft Office product suite, Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred
- Communication / Relationship building
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.